Detroit, MI

Posted April 29, 2015
This school is great!! All 4 if my children go here . They are number 2 in detroit and 8 in michigan. They have been on the news several times for being such a great school. They have mock trial, academic games,garden club ,archery, etc. The teachers care so much, they may yell but it's because they care. Some people say this school is bad this school is bad but if they were bad would they be number 2 in detroit and 8 in michigan. The city of detroit tried to close Davison down every year but they can't our test score are so good they have no reason to close this school down. Choose Davison

Davison Elementary-Middle School 2

Posted April 15, 2014
Over crowded, teachers could careless if your child learns anything. Parents are never informed if your child his failing. They never contact you concerning your childs behavior or academics via telephone, progress reports, letters through mail, nothing. Not a good school if you really care about your child's education. Teaches curse at the students, students run all over the building with not a care in the world. Horrible school and I can't wait to get my kids out!

Posted April 07, 2014
Davison Elementary Middle School is an excellent school. Historically known for excellence, Davison is an award winning school. Davison is a National Blue Ribbon, Skillman High Performing school and produces champions. Davison does well with state assessments and has highly qualified, motivated and knowledgeable staff. Davison practices a child center approach to education and believes in enhancing the curriculum with outstanding programs. Davison is a MicroSociety School, Champions in Academic Games, Mock Trials, Visual Arts, Winners at MACUL for Technology. Davison also has a daily morning Broadcast "Good Morning Davison", Archery, Choir, Robotics, Chess and many more. This institution is outstanding and I am proud to be a part of such a wonderful school.

Davison Elementary-Middle School 2

Posted July 29, 2012
My child went to 4th grade. One of the 4th grade female teacher don't know how to behave with kids and don't care about it kids. I had coversaton with her: i found she lie a lot and not honest at all. If the teacher lie, what the kids are going to learn from there. And the principal don't take action about those situations. She let it go.

Posted June 23, 2008
I think this school is a A+ school for students and have great Acedimics for kids to learn new ways

Posted March 16, 2006
I am very happy to have my child attend Davison. I had several choices of where my child could attend Kindergarten and Davison had the best program/curriculum for her. She is thriving in her class. Because of the dedication of her teacher she is reading and writing well above the level expected of a 5 year child. Technology is regularly incorporated into the classroom curriculum. She participates fully in Davison's Microsociety Program. This program allows students to work in a business, thereby, applying the knowledge she learns in the classroom to real life activities. The staff at Davison are very caring and hard working. The staff is willing to come in early or stay late to participate in school events or meet with parents. Many staff members work in the after school programs offered at Davison. Davison offers several special subject area classes including: art, music, gym, and computer class. Michele

Davison Elementary-Middle School 1

Posted May 05, 2004
I took my 1st grader out of this school because one day after attempting to drop her off. I saw her teacher yelling at another child then striking the child. After reporting the incident I was told the teacher was only trying to balance the child. I know what I saw and felt the office was covering for the teacher perhaps because of a shortage. I don't know what their problem was but I wasn't about to make it mine or my childs problem.

Davison Elementary-Middle School
2800 East Davison Street, Detroit, MI  48212
Last modified Davison Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Davison Elementary-Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews. Top