Posted July 03, 2012
This school is very great. I would recommend this school for anyone. All you hear about is how King's a bad school, and so on. But, actually it's a very excellent school and you can't go by what's on the internet. Once you get up and go see for yourself, you'll never know. This school is awesome!

Posted September 01, 2010
i agree. thats all people talk about is how bad this school is and most of these people have never even been to this school. i almost didnt even send my daughter here because of the things ive heard but this school is excellent. when i pick her up shes always smiling and i always see her and her friends syudying.

Posted November 05, 2008

King High School 0

Posted October 21, 2008
I am a parent w/ one child in a DPS system and the other in a Charter system. They both have their share of problems. My son is a junior at King H.S. His 1st yr. was confusing, but as time went on it got better. I am happy with his decision of King being his 1st choice. As far as the violence, it can happen anywhere, anytime. I agree it shouldn't happen in schools, but all we can do is pray it doesn't hit home. My son has 3.66 GPA. He has kept his GPA well above a 2.5 since the 9th grade. He plays Varsity Basketball and has since the 9th grade. His coach, as well as others are concerned about his grades and welfare in general and he is enjoying teasing me about being a Pilot, because he loves being a Crusader!

King High School 3

Posted October 21, 2008
My daughter is currently a sophomore at King and quite honestly there is much to be desired. I want to give the current administration some time to become acclomated to the mess they inherited. I will say more of the staff seem to be a tad bit more professional and courteous than years past. My son just graduated in June with honors from their MSAT program which is the best in the school. Unfortunately the issues that plague King are the same ones that seem to be universal throughout the district. With that being said, this is a school that is supposed to be ranked one of the top 3 in the district where students still have to test to get into certain programs and have to bear the burden of being exclusive within the parameters of a neighborhood school.

Posted May 12, 2008
My children presently attend King High School I am very disappointed. This school is very unorganized starting with the Principals, Vice-Principals, Secretaries, Teachers, and Security. Lord have mercy for these students they can't help but be confused. They have so many chiefs but no indians. There is lack of communication with the teachers to the parents who are very interested with their childrens' education. I went to several Parent Teacher Conferences through out the 2007-2008 school year this happen to be there first year in high school and they are disappointed in their grades and I am disappointed in the lack of concern from the teachers of my children educational well-being. Parents please pray to the Lord about sending your child (ren) to this school. For my children, this school year it has been a hurtful experience. This is the most disrespectful way to honor a great individual (MLK).

King High School 2

Posted March 23, 2008
I am a parent of a King high school student. My daugther is in the 9th grade. Everytime i pick her up. There is a fight. On a another occasion there was somebody that pulled a gun on somebody. My child is scared for her saftey. I would not recommend this school because of its violence.

King High School 2

Posted March 05, 2008
My daughter is a 9th grader at King High school.She is in the MSAT program and also a honor roll student through out school .I pick her up for school each day. There is always fighting going on in and outside of the school. I am very nervous about her getting education there.She doen't feel safe to stand outside to wait for me to pick her up. King has great programs and great intents for students, however what good is good education without a child to live out their dreams.

Posted February 20, 2008

Posted November 23, 2007

King High School
3200 East Lafayette St, Detroit, MI  48207
Last modified King High School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 31 reviews.