Detroit, MI

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted February 11, 2015
I just want to say Mrs. Green is one of the Best teachers.. My daughter was in her class and she improved in a lot of areas especially reading with Mrs. Green.

Posted June 15, 2010
I am a masters educated teacher who once attended Edison Elementary School. The experiences shared with my teachers and classmates are ones I would not trade for anything. It was an extremely safe feeling where we were so happy, learning, with amazing teachers that made us feel special. I got a 4.0 G.P.A. in graduate school. They must have done something right.

Posted September 11, 2008

Edison Elementary School 0

Posted August 24, 2008
Last year was my child first year at this school they offer alot of programs for the parents to get envolved .It's always clean and the staff is professional. Only, not enough homework given out:(

Edison Elementary School 4

Posted September 21, 2007
This will be my daughters 2nd year at Edison. I recently had to make a decision whether to enroll her in the school closest to our home in Livonia or muscle with the congested drive of rush hour. My decision was simple, it was not an issue of convenience, but to see the academic progression she has made rapidly continues to speak for itself. During the rush hour drive, we review spelling words for the week and before you know it! We have arrived at the greatest school in the city of Detroit

Posted September 12, 2007
Edison elementary is a great school. Like any organization,its success begins with the top. Edison's principal goes over and beyond what is expected each day. The staff supports each other contributing to more of a family appeal. Once you step inside you immediately notice the pride the staff takes in ensuring Edison is a clean, safe, and healthy school. Edison definitely does not fit the mold of an inner-city school. It looks and operates much more like a private school. Edison's standardized test scores coupled with familial sentiments proffer the best information one would need to decide whether Edison is the place for them. The whole staff including the principal welcome each student as they enter the building on their way to class each morning. My child went to Edison and if not logistical reasons, my child would have stayed at Edison. I encourage any parent to check out Edison.

- a former student

Posted September 11, 2007
Edison is a great school for your child to attend. My child had attended Edison and had a great experience there. She regretted leaving this school because it had such loving and caring teachers. She feels her best learning experience came from Edison.

Posted September 11, 2007
Edison is an excellent school. We have high expectations for each student. Our school is clean, safe, and well-maintained. We have an excellent principal, and our teachers are hard-working and dedicated. Staff members spend time with students in extracurricular activities such as Academic Games, after-school tutoring, and Edison Kiddie College Plus (a Saturday school program sponsored by the Skillman Foundation).

Edison Elementary School 0

Posted September 10, 2007
Wouldn't recommend this school fromm pre-k or K only one good teacher.

Edison Elementary School
17045 Grand River Avenue, Detroit, MI  48227
Last modified Edison Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Edison Elementary School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 12 reviews. Top