Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=1300+west+canfield+st,detroit,mi+48201&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=le9w84nkfxhav3dhn6jrociqmo4=

GEE Edmonson Academy

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

GEE Edmonson Academy 5195223 4

Posted September 13, 2013
I don't know what the school was like in previous years with former management, but so far, I am very impressed with Edmonson. Administration definitely expects a lot out of their teachers, but they are kind and supportive, providing all the help they can. Students are held to incredibly high behavior and academic standards; I can see a huge difference in how they conduct themselves compared to other inner-city schools I've worked at in the past. I truly believe the school is preparing our future leaders.

GEE Edmonson Academy 4378369 3

Posted November 09, 2010
i attended this school 9 years ago, during the brief two years of my stay in usa. it made a great impression on me. i don't know about sloppy teachers, or ill behaved children, but the way i will always remember it is as a welcoming, comforting place when i was very young, and very homesick. anwesha c, india

GEE Edmonson Academy 4067179 0

Posted February 27, 2010
This school needs improvement with the teachers,the staff,the principle,and the students. I heard one teacher say I don't have to teach you and I still get paid. The taechers yell at the students, and there's no organization. I like that Robert Bob is trying to clean up the school, but all teacher should not teach especially if they don't love teaching children of all skill levels. I wish the kids had other options like going to another district even if they don't live in that district. I expect the best education for my child like Detroit teachers who send their children to suburban schools expect.

GEE Edmonson Academy 1272112 4

Posted November 23, 2005
Ms. Petrini is wonderfully dedicated principal. She has an ear for the parents and a heart for the children. The teaching resource team is well integrated. The student population has sprinklings of diversity. The Edmonson-Dewey merge has added pressure to the staff. The K-2 classrooms seem to be working best with changes but the higher grades (3-5) are still dealing with some behavior problems. Dewey was a problematic school. Blending the cultures is a work in progress but I have confidence that this principal can make the difference. This school has improved. The Honors Assembly, highlighted all students could at least achieve the citizenship award. The classrooms are improving one desk at a time. Time, love, and support are what this school needs. The after school program has numerous activities with before school tutoring. The LSCO president for this year seems exuberant. Not a perfect school but still a good one.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

GEE Edmonson Academy
1300 West Canfield St, Detroit, MI  48201
GEE Edmonson Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 4 reviews.