Bad
Good

This is one of the worst school my children have ever attended. The teachers curse at the students and talk to them any kind of way. They will only notify you if your child's behavior does not meet their standards not when they have a concern about the child's academics. The teachers are unprofessional and do not act as role models during school time, then expect the kids to act like angels. If something happens related to a child you get multiple different accounts of the story from multiple different staff members. When attempting to address a issue with the teacher, the demeanor of the teacher is defensive. There needs to be a better structure within this school.

This school has come a long way since DPS is no longer in charge. I enjoy working here and the climate the Principal has established for students and staff. The school has made many partnerships with area organizations and assists parents as much as possible! If I had children, I would definitely bring them here. They do not tolerate bullying and violence and take proactive approach to discourage negative behavior and encourage positive behavior and character.

Deplorable school. The school will violate their own policies, rules and regulations. Send your children here at your own risk! The school will give out your children's information despite paperwork you fill out at the beginning of the year. Bullying is toleration. Sexual harassment is not punished according to handbook.

I don't know what the school was like in previous years with former management, but so far, I am very impressed with Edmonson. Administration definitely expects a lot out of their teachers, but they are kind and supportive, providing all the help they can. Students are held to incredibly high behavior and academic standards; I can see a huge difference in how they conduct themselves compared to other inner-city schools I've worked at in the past. I truly believe the school is preparing our future leaders.

i attended this school 9 years ago, during the brief two years of my stay in usa. it made a great impression on me. i don't know about sloppy teachers, or ill behaved children, but the way i will always remember it is as a welcoming, comforting place when i was very young, and very homesick. anwesha c, india

This school needs improvement with the teachers,the staff,the principle,and the students. I heard one teacher say I don't have to teach you and I still get paid. The taechers yell at the students, and there's no organization. I like that Robert Bob is trying to clean up the school, but all teacher should not teach especially if they don't love teaching children of all skill levels. I wish the kids had other options like going to another district even if they don't live in that district. I expect the best education for my child like Detroit teachers who send their children to suburban schools expect.

Last modified Gee Edmonson Academy is a Charter school that serves grades PK-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.