Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=8145+puritan+street,detroit,mi+48227&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=3hetyb6gt7vn4yp7ucbtf3mlxfg=

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 5505644 5

Posted April 02, 2014
The administration, faculty, and staff of the school are striving to provide a safe, productive environment for the students. This is the school second year in the Education Achievement Authority-- a reform district. Many resources are being provided by the district to both the students and the parents. I appreciate all of the hard work, good will, and effort!

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 1690939 3

Posted June 15, 2006
- a former student
I recenlty graduated from Bethune academy. the school is not really bad. I cant fault the principal because when she came into the school it was already running a muck. I loved the teachers there and I feel that it has prepared me for my new school Renaissance High School in Detroit. I am currently going into the tenth grade. also when the principal was running just one building the one building was very organized.

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 1398034 1

Posted November 24, 2005
Before my daughter attended this school, she was on the honor roll most of her life, at the Academy of Detroit Schools. But, when she transitioned to Detroit Public Schools, Bethune Academy, her grades dropped and she has been kicked out numerous times, with a grade point average of 2.0 or less. My child has had nothing but problems she she started. She now in the 8th grade and still has not made any improvements, so now I'm taking her out of that school. They kick children out for every little thing, the teachers cuss, and the principal and assistant principal hate to have conferences with you. This is the worst school I have ever seen my entire life of living in the City of Detroit.

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 940974 1

Posted November 16, 2004
This school is very, very overcrowded. The principal is responsible for two schools. The classroom size is 40 to a class. Students do not listen to teachers. My daughter is in the 7th grade at this school and it is 43 children in her class, how is she suppose to learn anything with that many children in one class. Right now I am looking for a charter school to put her in.

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 850854 3

Posted August 26, 2004

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School
8145 Puritan Street, Detroit, MI  48227
Mary McLeod Bethune Elementary-Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.