Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 5

Posted April 02, 2014
The administration, faculty, and staff of the school are striving to provide a safe, productive environment for the students. This is the school second year in the Education Achievement Authority-- a reform district. Many resources are being provided by the district to both the students and the parents. I appreciate all of the hard work, good will, and effort!

Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted June 15, 2006
- a former student
I recenlty graduated from Bethune academy. the school is not really bad. I cant fault the principal because when she came into the school it was already running a muck. I loved the teachers there and I feel that it has prepared me for my new school Renaissance High School in Detroit. I am currently going into the tenth grade. also when the principal was running just one building the one building was very organized.

Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 1

Posted November 24, 2005
Before my daughter attended this school, she was on the honor roll most of her life, at the Academy of Detroit Schools. But, when she transitioned to Detroit Public Schools, Bethune Academy, her grades dropped and she has been kicked out numerous times, with a grade point average of 2.0 or less. My child has had nothing but problems she she started. She now in the 8th grade and still has not made any improvements, so now I'm taking her out of that school. They kick children out for every little thing, the teachers cuss, and the principal and assistant principal hate to have conferences with you. This is the worst school I have ever seen my entire life of living in the City of Detroit.

Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 1

Posted November 16, 2004
This school is very, very overcrowded. The principal is responsible for two schools. The classroom size is 40 to a class. Students do not listen to teachers. My daughter is in the 7th grade at this school and it is 43 children in her class, how is she suppose to learn anything with that many children in one class. Right now I am looking for a charter school to put her in.

Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted August 26, 2004

Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School
8145 Puritan Avenue, Detroit, MI  48238
Last modified Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mary Mcleod Bethune Elementary-Middle School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.