Detroit, MI
Before care: Yes

Posted December 01, 2014
When my children began to go to the Detroit school system I was very nervous. After a short time while meeting the parents and school staff I found out how special the school is . My two children attend Harms elementary. The building itself is old (really looks beautiful from the outside) other than that I feel lucky to have found a school so friendly and focused on getting these kids to read, two languages to boot. Thanks to all at the school especially Mr. Cruz- commander and leader!

Harms Elementary School 3

Posted April 02, 2014
Teachers are dedicated but the school needs a cleanup & makeover. Students are very much willing to learn!

Posted February 27, 2012
This school is one of the best DPS schools I have seen so far..I moved here from California and run my own business in the area...now knowing I can afford to pay for my children's education, I would rather them stay "rooted" and "never take anything for granted"..now with this said the principle is VERY dedicated to the school...mind you that I research the other schools around the area.. "charter school" and NOT ONE principle OR teachers stood out as well as Harms did..my children's kindergarten teacher is a class A I have had all 4 of my children in her class..my sons class has a grant that EVERY year the principle apples for and IS granted because THE SCHOOL is doing its job in PROPER education...my children started to learn how to read in kinder, and mind you that MOST schools and children do not learn OR know how to read until the middle of their 1st grade year..mind you not a lot of parents of active like My HusandNAND I.so if your looking for a awesome school were the teachers as well as the principle will dedicate themselves to give your children a PROPER education with out the hassle of politics, then look no further then HARMS...too bad it only goes up to the 5th grade...

Posted August 30, 2011
We are the 11th highest rated school in the district and received an A from the state!! The teachers are dedicated and passionate. There are there are numerous after school programs. It truly is a family!!

Harms Elementary School 4

Posted September 15, 2009

Harms Elementary School 4

Posted September 18, 2008

Posted February 11, 2008

Harms Elementary School 3

Posted November 12, 2007
The Principal always carrying major activities she can not handle everything, this Harms School needs more support from the School District, kids deserve it, please do not exchange teachers to often this affect the education of our kids.

Harms Elementary School
2400 Central Avenue, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Harms Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Harms Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top