Posted July 08, 2009
As a student at Kettering High School, I was taught the skills in learning from different teachers. Mrs, Trexler taught english, Mrs, Taylor taught math, Mr. Adams taught history, Mr. Brogonzi taught biology, and alot others taught different subjects. I don't think its the teacher or principle, It's the student. If the students are willing to learning instead of cheat, think about sex, and fight all the time. I think Kettering High School in Detroit would've been ok. The parents need to stop acting a fool with the studensts as will.

Kettering High School 4

Posted June 23, 2009
I am a alumni at Kettering. Kettering has opened a lot of doors for me; as far as college and scholarships. most of the classes are very excellerated in and managable to catch on to.

Kettering High School 4

Posted May 16, 2009
I am a former teacher; my experience there has been wonderful. It a student focus and committed teachers

Posted April 03, 2009

Posted October 14, 2008
As I was reading all the comments I kept hearing how the teachers don't push the students to learn, and the teachers can't teach, but its really not the teachers.It's the students (not all) that don't want to learn, it's the student that keeps the bathrooms nasty, it's the students that keep other students from learning.

Posted October 13, 2008
Personally I think that there is nothing wrong with Kettering at all,People just give it a bad reputation...all it needs is a little bit of help from the public. it has great safety options and good teachers as well. Awsome principal. I love that school personally!

Kettering High School 1

Posted August 20, 2008
Ketterings staff has lost it's compassion for teaching and in my opinion no longer recognizes the need to prepare children for higher education. I have talked with some of the children, and they ssid that they hated that school. The children claim that there is nothing for them to do besides go to a class where they are really not learning anything. There are still a few good teachers there. Thanks to Mrs. Handleman, Mrs. Summerville, Mr. Roberg, Mr. Tracy, Mr. McCord, Mrs. Eubanks, and Assistant Principals Mrs. Evans and Mr. Gill. I Believe that if the two assistant principals were in charge Kettering would be a better learning institution.

Posted July 08, 2008

Posted July 04, 2008

Posted March 20, 2008
i disagree completely i was a student a Kettering last year and i believe this school has just as much hope talent and potential as any other school yeah you do have some students who don;t care but you also have those students who get up everyday at 5am just to catch 3 buses to get to school because they know of the education ke bestows upon us every day not to metion our excelent fine arts department and wonderful sports teams

Contact Information

6101 Van Dyke St
Detroit, MI 48213

School website

Kettering High School
6101 Van Dyke St, Detroit, MI  48213
Last modified Kettering High School is a public school
Kettering High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 17 reviews.