Posted April 11, 2014
greatest school ever i learn something new everyday i love this school to death forever!!!!!!!

Posted July 02, 2013
My school is great! I enjoy being a part of such a wonderful team of professionals and leadership. Our school goal is set daily to provide strategies, reinforcement, and determination to reach that academic mark of greatness.

King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy 3

Posted September 10, 2012
This is a performing art school but they have band music. How can you be a performing art school if you do not have band. The school is getting over crowded with students. It is getting to the point where there is to many kids in a class room. I'm afraid my kids might miss out on their education if I let them stay there.

Posted July 29, 2012
i am a student at John R.King and I love it. Angelic Chorale(the schools top choir) directed by Mrs. Anderson recently came from performing at Carnegie Hall in New York. We had so much fun. This year will be my last year and i hope we see many more talented faces!

Posted August 26, 2009
Best Detroit Public school their principle does not play!!

Posted December 15, 2008
This school is an excellent school it brings out the best in children.

Posted July 11, 2008
This was a challenging school and Ill never forget my 6th grade teachers who helped me along the way so I could succeed.

King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy 4

Posted March 22, 2008
At first, I wasnt to excited about sending my daughter to a detroit public school as this being her first time attending school. But I love my daugthers teacher Mrs. Walker she is the best and I wouldn't trade her for the world. I'm have to say that there are some good Detroit public schools still out there just keep looking and give them a try. My daugther will be in first grade next year and I will continue to send her there until we move or she can't go there any more...

Posted August 28, 2007

King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy 4

Posted October 28, 2006
The principal has done a 360 degree turn around with this school. When my oldest son (who's now 17) attended the school, it was literally off the hook. When I would volunteer in the classrooms, the teachers would spend 15 to 30 minutes (no lie) getting the students quite. I always questioned why his reading was so poor & found it was because phonics were not being taught. Now, my 7 & 8 yr old attend and they are just blossoming. I am so pleased with what Mrs. Hughes-Norde has done. They use a SRA reading model and they've gotten a handle on classroom behaviour. When I walk into the school, it's quite.

King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy
15850 Strathmoor St, Detroit, MI  48227
Last modified King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
King John R. Academic And Performing Arts Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 18 reviews.