Posted March 05, 2014
I just enrolled my kid at this school. They staff needs to be organized in their job functions. He only became enrolled due to a parent taking her kid out of the school due to lack of a teacher dedication... I am just now finding out what the school dress code is for pre-k and he has been their for two weeks... I never received a school handbook to even know such things of that nature. I am soooo ready to take my son out of this school as well due to lack of commitment dedication and organization issues.

Posted December 29, 2013
Mann School is a neighborhood school that has a dedicated staff. All children have a full schedule of rigorous core classes, enrichment classes,and tutoring opportunities. All of my children have done very well thanks to the administration and staff members. Keep up the good work Mann School.

Posted August 08, 2013
This School was not a good fit for my son. He attended the Pre-K program here and I feel like he went in reverse when it came to his education. To make matters worst, he teacher quits in the middle of the school year! What happened to the dedication and passion that teachers once applied to their job. We are currently looking into a different school because I refuse to let my child fall through the cracks because of the poor selection I made with his educational institution.

Posted October 28, 2012
So far the school is pretty good. My child has homework almost every day and she is learning at a good pace. The school seems to have dedicated staff and every day there is an adult supervising the safety patrol, entrance to the school and the area where early children are brought before class starts. I have no complaints thus far.

Posted April 18, 2011
My daughter goes to Mann School. It is clean, safe and has a caring staff and principal. It has lots of activities for the students and community that are educational and entertaining. It is a special place.

Posted April 29, 2009

Posted May 30, 2008

Mann Elementary School 0

Posted April 25, 2008
My daughter is currently in 3rd grade at Mann Elementary and has attended the school since Kindergarten. I highly recommend this school because of their attentiveness and committment in math and the arts. There are also plenty of extracurricular activities which helps to keep the students excited about school. If you are looking for a caring, family environment where teachers are committed to seeing each student succeed, then Mann Elementary is a good choice. It's not just a paycheck for the teachers. They really care.

Posted January 23, 2008

Mann Elementary School 0

Posted June 22, 2007
I do not have a child that attends this school although I went to the school recently with my aunt who has 2 children who go to Mann and I have to say I was extremely surprised and pleased by the staff and how much it is very obvious that they do care about the children and there education. I am not happy with the school my son currently attends-ORA-and I am highly considering him attending Mann next year for 1st grade. The quality of the teachers in Charter Schools is very poor in my opinion.

Contact Information

19625 Elmira St
Detroit, MI 48228

School website

Mann Elementary School
19625 Elmira St, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Mann Elementary School is a public school that serves grades PK-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mann Elementary School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.