Posted December 28, 2013
Mark Twain has great leadership on staff for my child. I like that the teachers care for my child and take time to explain to me how to support my child in her education. The staff treat me special and I feel like everyone genuinely cares for my family. My daughter has thrives since she attended Mark Twain and she loves going to school. She especially like the after school programs, Academic Games and Science Club. She has learned a lot and is eager to participate in all school activities...Morning Announcements, School-wide Harvest Day and Christmas Program. I love that she has friends and enjoys all the staff and the curriculum that they present to her. One of the best things she enjoyed is being a student helper to the Kindergarten class. She enjoyed helping the students and displaying their work in the hall showcase. Being a part of the Healthy Snacks Initiative has been great as well. She has become more fit with it and the beautiful play scape.

Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School 0

Posted August 29, 2009

Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted August 16, 2009
Mark Twain has potential. Every district has its problems. I have been privy to being on both sides of the fence. I work for Ecorse Public Schools and my children attend Mark Twain Elementary. Parental involvement is scarce, it seems, the older children get. This hurts our children. No teacher, administrator, secretary, or other staff member can be blamed for this. When you need a parent to assist, instead you're met with all of the reasons they can't. It's disheartening to watch. On the flip side, sometimes parents are desperately trying to help their children, but teachers are too busy....doing what? That's a part of the job. Like it or not. Then, the idiosyncrasies: no tissue, soap, kids fighting, teachers being indifferent - all these things impact students' performance. We ALL need to work together! P.S. I love Mrs. Scales and Mrs. Kozlowski.

Posted June 20, 2006
Mark Twain is the perfect neighborhood school. There has been generations and generations of families attending Mark Twain. Most of the students are from the neighborhood and some travel from the other side of town so that they can have that homely feeling also. Mark Twain parent involvement is excellent. The quality of the Academic Programs are great, the teachers are 100% in educating the children and boosting their confidence to become sucessful. Mark Twain provides Physical Education Classes, Girls' and Boys' Basketball team and instrumental etc. So if your looking for a school to send your child to...Mark Twain is a perfect start for your child(ren) a brighter future.

Posted October 04, 2005
- a former student
This is a great school I graduated from there. It is better than River Rouge school district.

Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School 2

Posted March 14, 2005
The quality of the school has really gone downhill. I have had 2 kids through this school and the last year or 2 it has been a drastic reduction in the education of the kids. The school needs alot of up to date equipment to better prepare the children. Music and Physical education classes will also help kids learn. It stimulates their minds. The principal should see that grades have really gone down since music, physical education and a 'Real' science class is no longer in the school. I hope it gets back on track and become the school I once knew.

Posted July 22, 2004
Mark Twain School & Academy is the best elementary/middle school in Southwest Detroit. The teachers are devoted to not just the students but to the parents as well. IF a parent wants any information on how to help their child keep up grades or an update on how they are doing in class, teachers will with no hesitation inform the paents right away. My child is happy at Mark twain and I am happy for him.

Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School
12800 Visger St, Detroit, MI  48217
Last modified Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School is a Public school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Mark Twain Elementary-Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.