Posted February 12, 2013
This is the worst school my son has ever been to. The principal will tell you anything he think you will believe to cover up something like bullying. My child has been bullied since the start of the school year and they still haven't taken care of the problem. And to make matters worse the lunch staff is rude to the children. This is our first year ever dealing with DPS and our last. I don't want to send my child to another Michigan school.

Marquette Elementary-Middle School 3

Posted April 11, 2011
Marquette is a pretty good school... It's one of the few DPS schools to offer music and art to the children... I love that my daughter is learning so well and she enjoys attending... However, there are some members of the staff that has a tendency to speak to adults as if they are children and they can be unorganized with events...

Posted June 26, 2007
Elementary school is clean and organized. Love the idea of teachers having telephones in their classrooms where you can contact them directly. My child's teacher has been available to speak with me on numerous occasions.

Posted January 05, 2007
Things at that school is very unacceptable. I have tried to participate in the school all I found is more mess. This is my daughter's first year and I hope it will be the last.

Posted August 20, 2005
- a former student

Posted March 16, 2005

Posted February 23, 2004
I do see improvements at Marquette since Ms. Fair has arrived. Information is reaching parents in a timely manner. Disciplinary action is in place. Traffic flows better for drop-offs/pick-ups. My biggest concerns are that marquette students receive the same opportunities to learn as suburban students do. Their seems to be a difference, and suburban students are exceeding. I am very concerned about the children and the well fair of Marquette, and would like to attend MLSCO meetings, 9 am is not a good time for working parents, Marquette would see more parent participation if the MLSCO meetings were held in the evenings.

Posted September 09, 2003
Marquette has been improving with educating our children. We now have a new Principal(Mrs. N. Fair) and an additional Assistant Principal (Mrs. L. Mitchell) who are working closely with the staff and parents who are involved with the function of the school. I see a great improvement already with the enforcing of the schools Zero Tolerance Policy, behavior of the students, and the teachers ability to teach. However it would be a greater help if the classroom size could stay at least below 35 students per class on average. I am the President of the Marquette Local School Community Organization (M.L.S.L.O) and our adminstration is in great support of our parents and community working together and serious about our children receiving the best education afforded to them.

Marquette Elementary-Middle School
6145 Canyon Street, Detroit, MI  48236
Last modified Marquette Elementary-Middle School is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Marquette Elementary-Middle School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 8 reviews. Top