Bad
Good

I graduated from Mumford in 1959 and I am appalled at the level of competitive education our students are receiving. I have two grandsons attending Mumford and their good grades are not reflecting what I hear when we talk. I ask about subjects they are not familiar with and I had to be proficient in to graduate. I just don't get it. The school even tried to change a class as late as November, are you kidding me? No teachers and sitting in large room of students of mixed grades, like a one room school with no educator, are you still kidding me? If it's gone. they need to bring back the PTA, if it;s still around they need to empower themselves. It's disgraceful.

I think that mumford has its bad times but on the other hand i think it is a great school to attend. I would recommend for anyone who start's their freshman year to go there. We have great activties here and the teachers are very loving and they actually care about yourr education, and want to help you achieve in bettering yourself to have a successful future.

My daughters attend Mumford. It is a great school. The teachers are wonderful. They go that extra mile for the students. They offer a variety of activites but the choir and the band are the best.

Right now i am a senior in atlanta georiga but i attended vernor pre-k / 5, columbus 6th,beaubien 7/9, and mumford 10th and i really love that school and all my friends that i grew up with that go there ... Even though mumford is really strick on the security its only for the students safety ... All n all its a good school no matter what you hear about it in the streets

I am currently a Junior at Mumford high school (c/o 2009) and I am taking honors and AP classes. I believe that they tend to cater to students who want to learn. I have teachers that care and they develop those one-on-one relationships with all of their students. The teachers recognize you when you've done great and they motivate you when you're slipping. In the two years that I've been here, not once have I had a teacher that has not cared about my well-being. When I leave Mumford, I strongly believe that I will be well prepared for college. I give Mumford plenty kudos. =]

Mumford high school teachers are really helpful and dont mind staying after school to help a student that really need it.

My daughter is a senior at Mumford High School and I am truly pleased with her development and maturation as a result of the caring staff at the school. She is an honor student that transferred from CMA after her sophomore year. The principal and other adminstrators keep the students respectful and focused. The tolerance for nonsense is very low. My daughter is in honors courses and is taking full advantage of all of the benefits of being a Mustang.

This schhooll iz tha best. Mi beautiful husband attends this schooll he's a senior

Samuel C Mumford is a great school with long standing staff members who care about the students. The administrative staff does their part in attempting to make Mumford a quality school. With over crowding and lack of student concern for education Mumford is doing its best to educate those who want an education. Mumford has produced many successful graduates in the past and present and will continue to do so as long as they continue with great leadership and teachers who care! Go M-u-s-t-a-n-g-s! Sweet Sweet Powder Blue!

Last modified Mumford High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.