Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Don't know (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Very effective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted May 04, 2016
I would like to say Thank You to Ns. Nimmons and Ms. Matthews for all their hard work and determination. They are two teachers who are very bright and creative. My daughter Akeelah has always showed me that she loves been their even though she has limited speech. We love you Ms. Nimmons and Ms. Matthews !!

Teacher effectiveness: Very effective

Posted May 04, 2016
I love my child teachers,they show that they care and willing to take that e xd tra step to get your child to their next potential.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
The staff and teachers show compassion for their students. I came up for parent teacher conferences and everyone seems to know my child because of her beautiful smile and personality.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted May 04, 2016
This school treats each child with intergrity. Each child has an opportunity to explore and be creative.

Posted May 04, 2016
I love Ms. Nimmons class she is a dedicated teacher. My daughter adores being in her class

Posted April 19, 2015
graduated in 1941- great school. No reason it still shouldn't be! Always met the janitor(?) by flag pole to raise flag in the morning. This still the practice? Hope so! Went on to Cooley- another great school. Then on to U of D. And Ford Motor after that. Roy Dirkes

Posted April 02, 2014
I went to Pasteur when I was kid,.All 3of my kids go there.My son is now in 11 grade I have a 2 daughter 3and 4 grade.

Pasteur Elementary School 4

Posted August 03, 2013
The media classifies all DPS schools as poor. Well, that's not true. Pasteur is an outstanding school with a highly respected reputation. The teachers, especially the higher grade teachers, are exceptional. My children, currently 14 and 19, attended Pasteur from kindergarten to sixth grade and had a quality education with very nurturing, talented, and highly knowledgeable teachers. The teachers had high expectations of their students and encouraged all to do and be the best. The work was challenging, but the teachers provided support (worked with students during class, lunch and after school.) My kids learned so much from Mrs. Phipps in 6th grade, especially Math, that when they went to middle school in the Troy school district they were placed in accelerated classes (the teachers and AP were surprised that they came from DPS.) Mrs. Phipps is an EXCELLENT TEACHER. My kids still talk about how she was the best teacher they have ever had and how she prepared them so well for middle and high school. If you want a GREAT Education for your children, enroll in Louis Pasteur Elementary School.

Posted July 23, 2012
Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs. I also like Pasteur because of its smaller size. My son attends Pasteur is like a smaller more tight knit community. Last year I believe Pasteur was rated a 6 .

Pasteur Elementary School 2

Posted September 03, 2011
I would say leave her where she is at this point. My daughter attended Bates K-8 and she graduated from there in 2002. It was a great school then. We sent our younger daughter there in 2007 and we had to take her out in 2009. The teachers recommended that we move her to our home school district. The school has become out of control now. The is no accountability for the teacher's or the children and the class size is out of control. Please don't stunt her growth. If she is doing well please leave her there.

19811 Stoepel Street, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Pasteur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.