Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

Teacher effectiveness: Strongly agree

I love my child teachers,they show that they care and willing to take that e xd tra step to get your child to their next potential.

Develops character: Strongly agree

This school treats each child with intergrity. Each child has an opportunity to explore and be creative.

I love Ms. Nimmons class she is a dedicated teacher. My daughter adores being in her class

graduated in 1941- great school. No reason it still shouldn't be! Always met the janitor(?) by flag pole to raise flag in the morning. This still the practice? Hope so! Went on to Cooley- another great school. Then on to U of D. And Ford Motor after that. Roy Dirkes

I went to Pasteur when I was kid,.All 3of my kids go there.My son is now in 11 grade I have a 2 daughter 3and 4 grade.

The media classifies all DPS schools as poor. Well, that's not true. Pasteur is an outstanding school with a highly respected reputation. The teachers, especially the higher grade teachers, are exceptional. My children, currently 14 and 19, attended Pasteur from kindergarten to sixth grade and had a quality education with very nurturing, talented, and highly knowledgeable teachers. The teachers had high expectations of their students and encouraged all to do and be the best. The work was challenging, but the teachers provided support (worked with students during class, lunch and after school.) My kids learned so much from Mrs. Phipps in 6th grade, especially Math, that when they went to middle school in the Troy school district they were placed in accelerated classes (the teachers and AP were surprised that they came from DPS.) Mrs. Phipps is an EXCELLENT TEACHER. My kids still talk about how she was the best teacher they have ever had and how she prepared them so well for middle and high school. If you want a GREAT Education for your children, enroll in Louis Pasteur Elementary School.

Excellent teachers Strong principal/school leadership Challenging academic programs. I also like Pasteur because of its smaller size. My son attends Pasteur is like a smaller more tight knit community. Last year I believe Pasteur was rated a 6 .

I would say leave her where she is at this point. My daughter attended Bates K-8 and she graduated from there in 2002. It was a great school then. We sent our younger daughter there in 2007 and we had to take her out in 2009. The teachers recommended that we move her to our home school district. The school has become out of control now. The is no accountability for the teacher's or the children and the class size is out of control. Please don't stunt her growth. If she is doing well please leave her there.

My daughter went to Pasteur last school year for preschool. I love her teacher Ms. Morrison and the rest of the preschool teaching staff! Pasteur is also a skillman good school. I also like Pasteur because of its smaller size. My son attended Bates last school year and Bates was good too but it is a very large school Pasteur is like a smaller more tight knit community. Last year I believe Pasteur was rated a 6 and bates a 8 now this year they both are 7 yet bates is the gifted and talented school! I hear a lot of bates parents who have been there over the years say that Bates has really went down though don't know because my child has been there long enough but one thing i do know is that in the one year my child has been at Pasteur I have seen the school rise up and excel. For the 2011 school year, I would rather send my daughter back to Pasteur for kindergarten but my husband wants her to go to Bates (she was accepted to Bates as well) but which of the two schools she attends i know she will be getting the best education she can considering were in the failing DPS school district.

My child has been a student at Pasteur since preschool. The teachers have nurtured my child as if she were their own. She received excellent test score and remained on the principals list. My daughter has gone on to Bates where she continues to sore.

Last modified Pasteur Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 6 out of 10 based on academic quality.