Detroit, MI

Posted September 21, 2013
Hello I am a former graduate of PHS 1996 and all I have to say is if you want you child to struggle through college then by all means send you child to this school if not PLEASE Dont send your child here!!!!

Pershing High School 5

Posted August 16, 2012
The future of this school starts now! We are energized and ready to prepare your children for the future! The future of Detroit depends on the present situation in our classrooms!

Posted August 12, 2011
I am a former student from Pershing. I spent my ninth grade year there and I have to say, it is not just the teachers fault. A lot of my teachers try to teach but the students are a constant bother and nuisance. Skipping class and not paying attention are the students' problems. The parent involvement is just down-right horrible. My dad works as the LSCO president and I see constantly, that there is extremely low parent involvement for simple things like checking up on students or going to parent-teacher conferences. This is not to say that it's not also the teachers' fault. I've seen that some teachers even sleep in there class (with students still in and class sessions going on). Cell-phones being used in class is also a constant issue. I just wouldn't recommend this school to ANYONE no matter how wonderful it was in the 1970s. All in all, it's the staff, students' and parents fault. This is not a satisfactory school. =(

Posted July 06, 2007
I am a parent of a recent grad (07) Pershing is a playground for the kids with lack of qualified teachers and safety issues I wonder where my tax dollars are going. I recently moved out of the state to ensure that my remaining children get a better education then what's being offered in DPS.It was a better school when my siblings and I attended but I wouldn't recommend anyone to attend that school due to lack of leadership. I regret having my child attend that school.

Posted January 29, 2007
I think pershing is not doing a very good job at teaching these kids and with safety pershing need to do a 360 turn around real fast

Pershing High School 4

Posted January 18, 2007
I am not a parent but a former student of Pershing Class Of 2006. Pershing is and will always be the best school in Detroit. The teachers don't just teach its more like a family they aren't just there because they get paid to be they are there to help and I personally thank the teachers for the tremendous amount of effort used to make sure that every student at john j Pershing high school gets the best education

Pershing High School 4

Posted June 14, 2005
I am not a parent, but a former long term substitute who was assigned at Pershing to teach English in the '03-'04 school year. I have found the staff here to be very seasoned and extremely knowledgeable and professional. The principal, Ms. Sulura W. Jackson runs a very tight ship, expecting the most out of her staff. Mr. Jones, the Dean of Students, makes sure the students are on the right track as far as behavior and prompt arrival to class. Every teacher I've worked with (Too many to mention individually) displayed a passion for what they do as far as the field of educating the kids of the East Side. 76 strong years of educational excellence and counting!

Pershing High School
18875 Ryan Road, Detroit, MI  48234
Last modified Pershing High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pershing High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 16 reviews. Top