Bad
Good

Southeastern has to be one of the worst schools in Michigan due 100% to poor leadership. One of the principals does not even have an administrative certificate. EAA schools are working , the data given to the media is fabricated, special education is not addressed and most of the principals are not qualified. Detroit schools are much better.

This school was very helpful to me getting my full-ride scholarship to Wayne State University. The teachers and the made a pleasant atmosphere for me and I appreciated everything. Thanks to Ms. Hawkins!!! Senior Class of 2008

I have been very impressed with the leadership at Southeastern High School. My son is very active in sports and he brought home a progress report with 5 A's and 1 C. He is excited about the school, new friends, teachers, and coaches. Oh, he says that the lunches are great!

Southeastern High School of Technology is one of the best schools in Detroit. I attended and graduated from this school with very high grades and a well established future for myself. I could not have gotten to where I am if it was not for this school. The faculty and staff are tremendous. They show great concern and interest in the education and well being of students at the school. Southeastern has had a bad reputation on account to events that have happened in the past. The school has really grown. The violence is down and many students are doing very well. I graduated with a 3,8 gpa and now I am attending the University of Michigan. I love this school and anyone who has the opportunity should attend this school.

I am a freshman that now attends Southeastern High School. Im in all Honors courses and I feel that the Honor students recieve a better education than students in general ed classes. So I highly recommend future students to try and apply for Honor courses. In my opinion, gang violence is a big issue that needs to subside at Southeastern. As of Ms.Gatlin, she is a wonderful principal who believes in discipline. She also insists that students use polysyllabic terms so that they build a tremendous vocabulary.

I am a junior at Southeastern and I love it there. Ms Gatlin is a awesome principal and unike alot of others she actually cares about the students. Our school is often overlooked because of the neighborhood it is in but S.E. is one of the best high schools in Detroit in my opinion.

SHST is a hinden treasure in Detroit. It's a DPS that is emerging in acadmics, technology, sports and safety. The administration is dedicatated to set high standards for staff and students so that students may rise above the normal statistics given to urban public high schools. (DLW)

This is a wonderful school for students to attend considering the violence rate is very low in this school and over 75% of there students graduate every year. This also has a lot to offer when it comes to sports and other extracurricular activities. When it comes to parent involvement I would have to say its great considering everyone at this school is like one gig happy family. If I had to rate this school on a scale from 1 to 10 I would give it a 10.

Last modified Southeastern High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.