Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=3030+fairview+st,detroit,mi+48214&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=2hgktzgfljiofxwqojzkxelqdfm=

Southeastern High School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Southeastern High School 3639598 1

Posted September 01, 2013
Southeastern has to be one of the worst schools in Michigan due 100% to poor leadership. One of the principals does not even have an administrative certificate. EAA schools are working , the data given to the media is fabricated, special education is not addressed and most of the principals are not qualified. Detroit schools are much better.

Southeastern High School 3596527 5

Posted April 27, 2009

Southeastern High School 3340831 0

Posted November 17, 2008
This school was very helpful to me getting my full-ride scholarship to Wayne State University. The teachers and the made a pleasant atmosphere for me and I appreciated everything. Thanks to Ms. Hawkins!!! Senior Class of 2008

Southeastern High School 3330032 5

Posted November 12, 2008

Southeastern High School 3112321 5

Posted October 01, 2008
I have been very impressed with the leadership at Southeastern High School. My son is very active in sports and he brought home a progress report with 5 A's and 1 C. He is excited about the school, new friends, teachers, and coaches. Oh, he says that the lunches are great!

Southeastern High School 3265832 5

Posted September 26, 2008
Southeastern High School of Technology is one of the best schools in Detroit. I attended and graduated from this school with very high grades and a well established future for myself. I could not have gotten to where I am if it was not for this school. The faculty and staff are tremendous. They show great concern and interest in the education and well being of students at the school. Southeastern has had a bad reputation on account to events that have happened in the past. The school has really grown. The violence is down and many students are doing very well. I graduated with a 3,8 gpa and now I am attending the University of Michigan. I love this school and anyone who has the opportunity should attend this school.

Southeastern High School 3029253 4

Posted May 23, 2008
I am a freshman that now attends Southeastern High School. Im in all Honors courses and I feel that the Honor students recieve a better education than students in general ed classes. So I highly recommend future students to try and apply for Honor courses. In my opinion, gang violence is a big issue that needs to subside at Southeastern. As of Ms.Gatlin, she is a wonderful principal who believes in discipline. She also insists that students use polysyllabic terms so that they build a tremendous vocabulary.

Southeastern High School 2894442 4

Posted March 06, 2008
I am a junior at Southeastern and I love it there. Ms Gatlin is a awesome principal and unike alot of others she actually cares about the students. Our school is often overlooked because of the neighborhood it is in but S.E. is one of the best high schools in Detroit in my opinion.

Southeastern High School 1278269 4

Posted December 28, 2007
SHST is a hinden treasure in Detroit. It's a DPS that is emerging in acadmics, technology, sports and safety. The administration is dedicatated to set high standards for staff and students so that students may rise above the normal statistics given to urban public high schools. (DLW)

Southeastern High School 2650251 5

Posted October 26, 2007

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Southeastern High School
3030 Fairview St, Detroit, MI  48214
Southeastern High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.