Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=19051+berg+rd,detroit,mi+48219&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=gkzzzhbecotjcqkr07m9bjvmthy=

Ludington Magnet Middle School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Ludington Magnet Middle School 4457839 5

Posted October 24, 2013
The teachers and administrators work hard to help all the students reach their fullest potential. The students work diligently to achieve educational excellence. Parents and community support the school efforts..

Ludington Magnet Middle School 3573918 1

Posted June 19, 2013
HORRIBLE...this school has continued to ride off of its old reputation for years. The principal and most of my child's 6th grade teachers were lacking..big time!! I will say her English teacher was excellent though. My child is an all A student and we couldn't wait until the school year was over. Parent participation is indeed high which was wonderful. The teachers, however, left much to be desired. An overhall of the teachers is a must for the students to truly be ready to compete. Loading the students up with homework does not make you an excellent school!!

Ludington Magnet Middle School 5017777 3

Posted January 16, 2013
I am very pleased with the education my son is receiving from the teachers at Ludington. They are young and enthusiastic. The attitude of the office staff and principal is not pleasant. They are very arrogant and I do not think they are happy about the fact of moving to a new building and having to accept the "neighborhood kids". It seems they are only concerned with maintaining their good school status and credentials. My son has always been an honor student and well behaved, and it has continued when he transferred to Ludington so that is not the issue. the women in the office really do have attitude problems and look down on the neighborhood kids and parents in my opinion.

Ludington Magnet Middle School 1320106 5

Posted August 12, 2011
I am very pleased with this school. I like the staff, and love the parent involvement. My son is really being challenged, I that is exactly what he needs. He is very smart but had become lazy, because at his prior school the work was easy. Ludington will bring out the best in him and show him that hard work pays off. I would highly recommend this school.

Ludington Magnet Middle School 4523050 5

Posted April 22, 2011
NEVER in any DPS school have I witnessed 75-85% parent involvment. ALL staff very helpful and concerned for ALL students. YES school curriculum very challanging the student understand what is expected of them. IF there is a problem, staff very helpful in with explanation of school work. My children ALL were/are honor students, DAPCEP.BETA CLUB, track team. one of my children won first place for the 8th grade 2010 DETROIT METRO SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING FAIR. he is currently a student at Cass Tech. Children will be children and very active but students I see are ALWAYS respectful and helpful. IF there were disrepectful student not acting as if they had home training it was because THE PARENT has not taught the child any home training. ALL staff keep the children under control the many times I've been in this school. KEEP THIS SCHOOL TOGETHER IN TACT WITH IT'S CURRENT STAFF AND ADMINISTRATION, AND UNDER IT'S CURRENT NAME

Ludington Magnet Middle School 4450767 5

Posted February 05, 2011
I am a parent of a 7th grader at Ludington and my son graduated in 2009 as and 8th grader. Ludington is a awesome school to be at, the principal, counselor,staff and the L.S.C.O. Parent Group is completed dedicated to making Ludington one of the Best Schools in Michigan. The academic learning enviroment is challenging to students because the teachers are striving hard to prepare All Ludington students for High School And College. That means, if your son or daughter is ready to handle there business, to strive to do there best, then Ludington is the place for you. If your children are average students and need a little extra help to reach there future goels in life, then Ludington is the place for you, if your child just want to play games and cause trouble within the class rooms and disrupt the learning process for the other children at Ludington, then Ludington is NOT the place for you. Harold L.S.C.O. Parent Team Representative.

Ludington Magnet Middle School 3886461 1

Posted May 27, 2010
While reading these comments, I was VERY shocked, because I have a completely different view of Ludington. This school is not satifactory at all! The teachers are definately great and exceptional at their jobs, however, the principle and other administration have very little control over the students, and when students misbehave, the consequences don't fit the crime. Students have been caught "skipping" school and classes, vandalizing school property, and fighting on numerous occasions, and yet, all they get a a 2 day suspension (at the most). It's just ridiculous. I understand how DPS is struggling to keep students, but I believe that this is having a negative effect on the entire school. Ludington used to be a very good school, but now, it seems to be going downhill.

Ludington Magnet Middle School 3933953 0

Posted April 24, 2010
Because the kids are great and the academic scores are very high. We are a dedicated school and have very successful students who become great scholars upon arrival in high school.

Ludington Magnet Middle School 4092897 1

Posted March 17, 2010

Ludington Magnet Middle School 4001397 0

Posted January 08, 2010
I am very impressed with the curriculum of this school. I believe that my son is learning and progressing in his studies.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Ludington Magnet Middle School
19051 Berg Rd, Detroit, MI  48219
Ludington Magnet Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 59 reviews.