Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=15771+hubbell+st,detroit,mi+48227&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=znmz4efmfjqmoq0qwzyb5mpxhce=

Young, Coleman A. Elementary

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 1266244 5

Posted March 25, 2013
Coleman A. Young Elementary school has been a GREAT asset to my child. The principal Ms. Scott is outstanding as well as Mrs. Keene (Pre-K) teacher. The staff is very caring and compassionate with the younger children. I look forward to my child continuing education at C.A.Y.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 4826291 5

Posted June 15, 2012
Thank God for C.A.Y. I am a proud grandparent of a 4.0 G.P.A who graduated with the principal award. He was one out of nine students.He also received 10 awards, 1 trophy, and one medal. I am honored to say my grandson went everyday to C.A.Y proudly.He would cry if he missed school. The teachers, the principal, the counselor, the LSCO, the lunch aids, and the parental involvement was AWESOME!!! If your looking for a good school, TRUST C.A.Y!! I did and it worked for my grandson.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 4825001 5

Posted June 14, 2012
I just graduated from C.A.Y this year and i think its the best school in the area.I've been there for 7 yrs. since Pre-K. Its a Pre-K - 5th grade school.The kids really learn , the staff and LSCO are very friendly and so is the principal, AEO, and counseler.I got a 4.0 throughout my whole school year. C.A.Y offers many extra-curricular activities such as basketball, cheer leading ,track team, academic games, art club , future teacher, 21 century after school program, Tutoring.... The teachers really teaches and help you. They have a lot of Parents involved with the school.They have Parent Meetings and Parent Appreciation They have PA GEL (Public Announcements), there very involved with the students and they really care for them.Althugh they serve hot lunch, i think its an OK lunch. I love C.A.Y. and I would NEVER want to miss a day of school. C.A.Y is an EXCELLENT SCHOOL and i would hope you like it too! I would really recommend it.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 4498332 3

Posted March 28, 2011
I attended this school over 25 years ago, when the school was built. Since then I've noticed a change in the way the school operates. Due to the budget cuts, and overcrowded classrooms, it has become difficult for staff members to teach such a large multitude of students from various learning curves.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 3802099 5

Posted September 10, 2009

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 3463497 4

Posted February 12, 2009
My son is in thrid grade at coleman a. Young and i have been impressed with the level of dedication that the staff exemplifies toward the students.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 2638770 5

Posted October 18, 2007
I absolutely love Coleman A. Young Elementary school and the staff. I have 3 kids attending this school. I have been with this school for 4 years. I think it is the best elementary school in the area. The teachers actually teach and care about the students. I wish they had more help (as far as teacher aides). The teachers deserve the help. This school is always clean and well put together. The staff is always very helpful and friendly.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 2001820 4

Posted November 18, 2006

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 503609 5

Posted May 11, 2004
I have been involved with this school for the past 6 years with 3 children. This is an excellent school for elementary students and parents to be involve in preparing for middle school. This school was a part of the Gifted and Talented program. And it's clean and safe.

Young, Coleman A. Elementary 633388 5

Posted February 20, 2004
Although, Coleman A. Young is majority African-American, the teaching staff at CAY is very diverse. It helps the students realize teachers have many backgrounds. Not only is CAY academically driven, it is extremely well maintained, friendly, colorful and bright, which promotes a positive learning and teaching atmosphere. There are numerous extra curricular activities, and very positive and motivating programs conducted at the school. The LSCO is a very instrumental part of the CAY family. My younger son, who is in second grade at CAY, refuses to miss a day of school!!!!

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Young, Coleman A. Elementary
15771 Hubbell St, Detroit, MI  48227
Young, Coleman A. Elementary Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.