Detroit, MI

Vernor Elementary School 5

Posted June 18, 2010
I attended Vernor as a child and all three of my children have or are attending...... I love this school and Ms. Colquitt is amazing!! =)

Vernor Elementary School 0

Posted October 07, 2008
I am the violin teacher at Vernor. I also teach at Schulze, MacDowell, Barbara Jordan (aka Hampton) and Pasteur. The principal at Vernor is very student and parent focused. Everything she says and does is for the betterment of the children(first), the school, and community. She really does know all the kids' names and their parents! It is uncanny, seriously!

Vernor Elementary School 5

Posted March 18, 2005
I have three children who have attended Vernor. So far out of the four years of my children attending this school I would have to say it is one of the best schools in Detroit. My daughter has played the violin for two years and is also, currently involved in Academic games. The teachers are absolutely awesome, I believe this school have some of the best teachers. The principal is great, she address the children by their names and really care for the students. Their is strong community of involved parents. Currently, the school has extracurrilum activities like academic games, band, karate, and more. I love Vernor Elementary!

Vernor Elementary School 4

Posted February 18, 2004
Vernor is tops among elementary schools. I have had the three children attend and am totally satisfied with the preparation received. The teachers care about the students and give the extra effort necessary to ensure that all students succeed. I have made comparisons with other middle schools and Vernor is tops when it comes to test scores and overall environment. In short--I love Vernor.

Vernor Elementary School 3

Posted December 08, 2003
Vernor for many has been considered an excellent public school, and the MEAP for both reading and math are exceptionally high. My concern is the safety of my child in the after school program.

Vernor Elementary School 1

Posted September 09, 2003
my daughters have attended this school since pre-k and it use to be better, my oldest is in the 6th and she has 37 to 40 students in her class. How can you possibly no how each student is progressing, don't get me wrong their are still some good teachers around.

Vernor Elementary School
13726 Pembroke Avenue, Detroit, MI  48235
Last modified Vernor Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-6. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Vernor Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 6 reviews. Top