Wayne Elementary School 5

Posted September 02, 2010
I am a parent of 5 children, & they all at sometime or another attended this school. The principal Mrs. Matthew is such a caring individual who knows most of the students on a first name basis! You can find her walking the school grounds in the AM making sure the students are arriving to school safely, or leaving a wonderful message of hard work over the intercom. The teachers are very involved with the parents as well. This Detroit Public School is one of the few gems still left in the district, I hate that it only goes up to the 5th Grade!

Wayne Elementary School 5

Posted May 27, 2009
My children and grandchildren have attended this school. First, Mrs. Herron-Taylor was the principal--the best ever. Now, Mrs. Matthews is the principal--she was a good replacement because she has continued the high traditions. The school is not as sparkling clean as it used to be, but it's not dirty, either. I am happy our school is not closing. I hope it remains open for my grandkids.

Wayne Elementary School 0

Posted June 06, 2007
I love, love, love this school. There is total involvement with the students (parents, teachers and Ms. Matthews the principal). Last year my children attended Maat and let's just say this school is a 360. I highly recommend this school. With all the school closings going on this school was a blessing.

Wayne Elementary School 3

Posted March 04, 2005
Wayne Elementary is a very nice school, the teachers are all very nice, with one exception. And it is a shame that the school does not offer Art and Music for the children. These are important to a child's creativity. But all in all, I was pleased with the school performance.

Wayne Elementary School 4

Posted May 26, 2004
A beautiful building. Mrs. Herron-Taylor, the principal, is a wonderful person and accessible to parents. The staff is friendly, the school is clean. The more current MEAP scores for 2004 are at and above the state average.

Wayne Elementary School
10633 Courville Street, Detroit, MI  48224
Last modified Wayne Elementary School is a Public school that serves grades K-5. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Wayne Elementary School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 5 reviews.