Posted December 05, 2010
I am a proud alumni of Western International High School. Initially my family did not want me to attend this high school because it was known for gangs and drugs. However, I knew things had changed, especially after Mrs Luna became Principle. I successfully graduated valedicotrian in my class with a 4.5 (AP classes) while I was involved in extra curricular activities like Journalism, Drama, Soccer, Student Council, Yearbook, and Steering Committee. I attended the Univeristy of Michigan-Ann Arbor for undergrad and am currently pursing a Master's Degree at the University of Southern California. I may not have gotten here without the foundations implemented by my high school and the support of some of the teachers.

Posted June 07, 2010
I am a former student, who moved to Macomb and now attend Dakota High. Honestly, I would move back to Western in a heartbeat. The counselors are so much better, and the teachers are so involved. The best part is the diversity. The clicks are SO bad here. In Western, you have everyone with everyone. Here, they stress athletics more then academics. Western had both. I was a top student and when I came here, I ended up failing my pre-calc class. The teacher was always joking and yes you're hearing this right, juggling in class. I passed CALCULUS with a B in Western. These suburban schools aren't all what they claim to be. Of course there's gang activity, drugs, and fights. It's an inner-city school. But guess what. It's just as bad in the suburbs. At least in Western you have a sense of belonging. Proud Cowboy 4ever!!!

Western International High School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
I'am a proud parent ..Western in my opinion is a good school.I'am with the pta,and with my involvement It helps alot to get things done If you have a problem.My daughter will be graduating this year. My family was worried because I put my daughter In this school they were scared of the gang activities,and thought she might not make it through,but she did and i like to thank mrs. Luna for her involvement In keeping the gang activities away from the school.I rate this school good

Western International High School 0

Posted May 01, 2010
The school is okay. Most of the teachers play favortism towards the overachievers.

Western International High School 4

Posted November 16, 2009
As a transfer student to Western International I am extremely satisfied with the move. The college counselor Ms. Henry is the best thing that has happened to that school. Due to her dedication to student success I am attending a four year university with no out of pocket expenses. I LOVE YOU MISS HENRY!!

Posted September 09, 2009

Posted September 04, 2009

Western International High School 3

Posted August 08, 2009
I am about to become a junior at this school and I have to say that I hope my last two years at Western will be better than the first two. There has been a change of leadership at the school having Mr. Vasquez from Earhart taking over from where Ms. Luna left off. I hope he can bring some order back to the school. Last year the students were pulling fire alarms to cut classes and riot about there beloved principal. It was chaotic and completely unneccessary. My biggest concern, however, is about the rising gang activity at the school. With more and more DPS schools closing, all of the low lifes and gang bangers are entering and doing as they please. This needs to be stopped ASAP before it gets out of hand...

Posted May 19, 2009
I am about to become a sophmore at this awesome school. My favorite part are the competitions that i have been to with the rough rider battalion and also we love our principal! she is the best principal ever!

Posted May 18, 2009

Western International High School
1500 Scotten Avenue, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Western International High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Western International High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 43 reviews. Top