Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Disagree (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Not enough (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Amount of homework: Not enough

Posted July 05, 2016
At my old school, I came home with alot of homework everyday. Now, I barely get any homework. It's probably why I can't understand what the teacher was trying to teach.

Develops grit: Disagree

Posted July 05, 2016
When I transferred there I can see why half of the students lost their motivation, It's because of the teachers lack of support and faith in the students

Develops empathy: Neutral

Posted July 05, 2016
I'm not saying all the staff doesn't care about their students, but I feel like only a FEW staff members care about their students.

Western International High School 2

Posted July 05, 2016
I'm not saying that I'm better than everybody because I transferred to this school from Holly In March 2016... but to those that are considering to send your child there, as a student Western does suck. They don't have enough resources & they only have a FEW teachers that care about their students success. (Ex: When I went to go ask a teacher for help, all she said was "Ma'am you're wasting my time.") At my old school none of the teachers did that. Although most of the teachers grade their students work, they don't really hand the papers back to the students to see what they did wrong. In my opinion, most of the students are way more nice than the teachers. Just to add, When I transferred there in March, It took them all the way until June to put my transcripts in and almost messed my grades up. I'm not going to go into more detail because the school is not that bad, but If i could go back to my old school, I would.

Posted December 04, 2014
It's a very good school and I appreciate what the staff has done to help my child go to Brown University, thanks western

Posted December 05, 2010
I am a proud alumni of Western International High School. Initially my family did not want me to attend this high school because it was known for gangs and drugs. However, I knew things had changed, especially after Mrs Luna became Principle. I successfully graduated valedicotrian in my class with a 4.5 (AP classes) while I was involved in extra curricular activities like Journalism, Drama, Soccer, Student Council, Yearbook, and Steering Committee. I attended the Univeristy of Michigan-Ann Arbor for undergrad and am currently pursing a Master's Degree at the University of Southern California. I may not have gotten here without the foundations implemented by my high school and the support of some of the teachers.

Posted June 07, 2010
I am a former student, who moved to Macomb and now attend Dakota High. Honestly, I would move back to Western in a heartbeat. The counselors are so much better, and the teachers are so involved. The best part is the diversity. The clicks are SO bad here. In Western, you have everyone with everyone. Here, they stress athletics more then academics. Western had both. I was a top student and when I came here, I ended up failing my pre-calc class. The teacher was always joking and yes you're hearing this right, juggling in class. I passed CALCULUS with a B in Western. These suburban schools aren't all what they claim to be. Of course there's gang activity, drugs, and fights. It's an inner-city school. But guess what. It's just as bad in the suburbs. At least in Western you have a sense of belonging. Proud Cowboy 4ever!!!

Western International High School 4

Posted May 03, 2010
I'am a proud parent ..Western in my opinion is a good school.I'am with the pta,and with my involvement It helps alot to get things done If you have a problem.My daughter will be graduating this year. My family was worried because I put my daughter In this school they were scared of the gang activities,and thought she might not make it through,but she did and i like to thank mrs. Luna for her involvement In keeping the gang activities away from the school.I rate this school good

Posted May 01, 2010
The school is okay. Most of the teachers play favortism towards the overachievers.

Western International High School 4

Posted November 16, 2009
As a transfer student to Western International I am extremely satisfied with the move. The college counselor Ms. Henry is the best thing that has happened to that school. Due to her dedication to student success I am attending a four year university with no out of pocket expenses. I LOVE YOU MISS HENRY!!

1500 Scotten Avenue, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Western International High School is a Public school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.