Bad
Good

Gee White Academy 2

Posted September 10, 2015
The curriculum needs to be improved upon. Teachers need to spend more time teaching fundamentals and not basing a lesson plan around how to pass a state test. My children learn more from me reteaching them everything they "learned" at school. It's ridiculous that my child is bringing home a 10 page packet where only a couple pages consist of material he actually learned in class. I understand that parents and teachers should collectively help children for them to succeed, but at this rate, my children would be better off home schooled.... they learn more in the few hours of me assisting them with their homework. WHY AM I TEACHING MY CHILDREN THINGS THEY SHOULD BE LEARNING AT SCHOOL??? Very disappointing considering how amazing this school was when it was still with DPS. Come next fall, I may find myself moving to MLK Academy.

Gee White Academy 1

Posted August 30, 2014
The school state rating speaks for it self.(A 3 out of 10 and they in the red the lowest rating a school can get) The good teachers are gone. Some of the staff act just as childish as the students. I am glad I now know about this tool, to make a better choice now!

Gee White Academy 4

Posted April 29, 2009
My son has attended White Elementary for three weeks now. He is currently in a Autistic Impaired classroom due to being diagnosed with autism back in 2007. Compared to his previous classroom, my son is doing well. I'm pleased with the progress he is making. Another aspect of my son's school that I like is that it's uniquely diverse. His school is mixed with black and many middle eastern cultures which is cool. I don't want my son to be afraid of someone just because his or her culture is a little different. I'm not a part of the LSCO, so I'm unsure of the parent participation but of the 23 schools that are closing in Detroit Public Schools, White Elementary isn't one of them so that speaks highly of what the school staff are able to accomplish with it's students. So I will say, so far good

Gee White Academy
5161 Charles Street, Detroit, MI  48212
Last modified Gee White Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.