Detroit, MI

Bates Academy
Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 09, 2015
the teacher is not a very personable person at all she doesn't talk to the parents. She's the worst teacher my son ever had.

Bates Academy 3

Posted June 09, 2015
My son's teacher was the worst that he ever had. She's one of the 1st grade teachers. She gives them the work and will not help them if they need it.

Posted May 26, 2014
The curriculum is wonderful which is what we attend school for. My expectations for my kindergartener have been surpassed tremendously, and as long as I continue to see the growth in my child he will remain a student at Bates Academy through 8 th grade.
3 people found this helpful

Posted April 28, 2014
Teachers and staff are top notch and then parental involvement is the best in the city. The teacher commitment to the youths should be reconized state wide.

Bates Academy 4

Posted December 18, 2013
Bates is a excellent preparatory school. The accelerated curriculum is challenging and rigorous but we have found that if students and parents are 100% committed, it is doable and your child can successful. We make it our business to be an integral part in the learning process; letting the ,teachers know that we are there to support them.

Bates Academy 3

Posted November 12, 2013
2013-14 School Year for Bates is off to a much better start. Jury is still out, though.

Posted October 25, 2013
Bates is an awesome school. It has an accelaerated program and the kids excel within their program and beyond in life. It is one of the gems in the educational arena in Detroit.

Posted June 19, 2013
Bates Academy is an excellent school that has gotten better recently. We are recognized as a Reward School by the state, and have been listed as one of the top 20 schools in the city. Our teachers and administrators really care about the students. We have a very active parent group that works well with the administration. We have had our library made over by Target, a new gymnasium floor, upgraded technology (interactive boards in every classroom), and a new computer lab all this year. Our principal, Mr. Kirkland, has led all of these efforts over the past two years. I believe that great things are ahead for us. I am proud to be a student of three Bates students!

Bates Academy 2

Posted January 27, 2013
I am a student here and I do not like it very much. The schedule is messed up, they switch all of the rules around, and its confusing!!!

Bates Academy 4

Posted August 11, 2012
My daughter has been attending bates since kindergarten. Now she is in the eighth grade I love the school.

Bates Academy
19701 Wyoming Avenue, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Bates Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bates Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 107 reviews. Top