Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Just right (2 responses)
Currently, most people answered Very ineffective (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Teacher (1 response)

Grateful to: Teacher

Posted November 11, 2015
I am grateful for the respectful teachers, they made impacts on my kids lives,kids should know life is easy if you stay on the right path,and your superiors should be sympathetic to any realistic needs.

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted November 11, 2015
Theres a lot of HW but a good parent has no problem seeing that its done and I reward my kids, they love Bates

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted November 11, 2015
A lot of the kids are well behaved, Bates is big on bullying which is great.I see all my kids doing fine at Bates.

Bates Academy 4

Posted November 11, 2015
Bates is a great school for education I feel my kids will definitely benefit,if we moved out of the city I would still want my kids to attend it could be better in a lot of ways some teachers are excellent some are just blatantly rude, staff could be A LOT BETTER,but as long as my kids are treated fairly I have no problem with that every school has its flaws.Overall its a great school but a lot of staff need to be replaced so people visiting will be thrilled about the school and not thinking its your typical Detroit school, 4 stars

Amount of homework: Just right

Posted July 01, 2015
It was too much when my child was in Kindergarten but I now see the value of it all. Especially compared to my other child in another school who hardly brings home any work. A parent has to make time and commit to ensuring that the children do their work.

Develops grit: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
The value and quality of instruction and homework ...to manage that alone- a student needs to develop these values otherwise one cannot be lazy and make it at Bates. It has done this to me as a parent too.

Develops empathy: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
Bates involves students in community activities that help develop positive values in children. I am glad to have my children at Bates. Parent volunteer opportunities also help students learn the value of 'doing for others' and giving their time to make a difference.

Develops honesty: Strongly agree

Posted July 01, 2015
My two children have attended Bates and we love it. The teachers are top notch....the curriculum prepares kids to be the best that they can be. I had my one child in a different nearby school this past year and I can assure you that he is nowhere near where my other child was academically at the same level (kindergarten) at Bates. We also love the other experiences at Bates- parent involvement, field trips and much more that add to the student overall experiences. My other child (at the other school) went on two local field trips (the whole academic year....). We LOVE Bates.

Bates Academy 5

Develops honesty: Neutral

Posted June 09, 2015
the teacher is not a very personable person at all she doesn't talk to the parents. She's the worst teacher my son ever had.

19701 Wyoming Avenue, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Bates Academy is a Public school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Bates Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 123 reviews. Top