Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School 4

Posted July 11, 2012
My kids attend this school ths past school year one in the 7th grade and one in th 10th grade. I love the african american centered culture and the family like environment. I received calls when they were struggling in classes, and followup calls as they improved. I like that the class sizes were small and the teachers were available to me and my children. I read some of the other post I can't say what the school was like during those years but now I think its wonderful

Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School 1

Posted February 25, 2011
I actually took time and checked out this school. The teachers have no books all the assignments are copied and handed out. The students are free to roam the hallways and walk in and out of classrooms disturbing other students. They do not serve hot lunch and there is absolutely no order or discipline. The majority of the teachers are substitutes, which mean there are no lesson plans! Also, they do not have a resource room teacher.

Posted October 02, 2009
I am very pleased with the education that my child is getting at this school. They truly foster a family-like environment and establish high standards.

Posted September 10, 2009

Posted March 19, 2009
i went to this school for for 6th and half of 7th grade this is a great school for african american children to attend to I garentee you if your child walks in there not knowing anything about thier culture and is just uncontrolable and disrespectful they will walk out conpletely changed at the end of the year. Thier are lots of people to thank for these changes such as Mama Boneswa,Mama Imani Mama Zakiea.If anything you will want your child to contiue to got to that school until the 12th grade and they will be dressed in some of the most beautiful african garb. and will be off to follow there dreams and already be ready for college

Posted December 02, 2008
The school started out great, but over the last two years it has gone down tremendously. The classrooms have become over-run with unruly kids, and not enough staff to handle them. I took my children out last year. One was lacking in math and reading skills. When the school first started out it was fabulous, but that time has since pasted. If you want what's best for your children, look elsewhere, it's no longer here.

Posted October 01, 2008
This is a good school to send your child, it has a great enviorment, and the students are respectful

Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School 2

Posted September 28, 2008
I have attended this school since the 2nd grade, I am now a senior. I must say when I first started this was a very prestigious school, after all my mother had me on the waiting list since before pre-school, and I did not get in until 2nd grade, so that says something right there. The school began to fall around 2001, and with every year it gets worse, it seems that they do not have the same values and principles as they once had. It is very unorganized,and I sometimes find it hard to learn. Even with all of the chaos, it is still a loving environment, and I enjoy the classroom sizes. Overall i would not recommend enrolling your child.

Posted August 29, 2008

Posted July 07, 2008
My child attended this school for two years (6,7 grades) I removed her from the school because they seem to be so unorganized. I enrolled her in another school only to find out that her reading and math levels were extremely low, well under grade level. The only assignments this school was good at giving were book reports other than that nothing more. My daughter is now above average in her math and reading. Those two years was a total waste of time.

Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School
20119 Wisconsin St, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Aisha Shule/Web Dubois Prep. Academy School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 24 reviews.