Bad
Good

Now that the leadership has changed, I am hoping to see more school improvements and better overall management.

Nataki is my former school I went there since I was in the 3rd grade. I loved that school but at one point of time they didnt have textbooks to take home and I didnt like that so I had to transfer to ludington but I really wish I didnt.but nataki has really and truly educated me, and I am very grateful. I am getting staight a's and once in a while a b. I love all of the students and im in contact with them, I miss my former teachers, and I hope nataki gets the 5g to help their school, and hopefully build new facilities.

Times have Changed... Nataki has served our family over 13 years. Last year was extremely challenging. I am a concerned but I am also hopeful. I'm going to put my confidence in the staff /board - overcome financial obstacles, teachers - commit to a mission of educating with dedication and compassion. Any Nataki parent reading this message - WE have got to step up to the plate and do our part for our collective good. After all we are training the folks that will care for the planet AND US! DO GOOD!

My son attend Nataki and i was not a big fan. last year he said they sear and smoked and the boy did not get in a lot of trouble they brought the police up there and all but he went right back to doing it. Plus the principal leadership is horrible. You have to pay 300-450$ for unifroms and gas because the unifrom store is in westland. This school is a bunch of talk no act this school need to be shut down. The parent involement is great but the principal ant teacher need to step there game up and stop clowing around.

I love this school! The students, parents, and staff are wonderful. I wish they had a high school.

Nataki is a great school. I have been going there since I was in kindergarden. Over the years the school has changed. The principle unlike other comments is great. She is supportive and very nice. My problem is that they are starting to let in very bad people. It seems like they don't even care who they let in. Also some of the teachers give tests without even noticing the student or notice us 2 days in advanced. The office staff is very nice though.

This school has changed since 2010, The Principle has new rules, they don't care about the kids only the teachers. When the students finish the 8th grade they will not have a graduation. The school all of a sudden dont believe in graduations. The students are not allowed to discuss or have a birthday wish. They celebrate Nataki Talibah birthday the owner of the school child who passed away 30 yrs ago. Every teacher select their own teaching method, if your child is advanced more than others they will get board because they will have to learn the same as the other students. The uniforms are very expensive they require 3 sets which cost about $300.00 per student.

I am a former teacher of Nataki Talibah Schoolhouse of Detroit. With every job there are flaws. I have nothing but very rewarding and rich memories of my experience here. Being at Nataki taught me to be resourceful, creative, and excited about the learning experience. My children thrived because I thrived along with them. Although I can truly say I was an excellent teacher with a huge love for my parents and students what disappointed me most is the fact that the school leader did not think to ask why I was leaving or good bye for that matter. Even though this was a damper I will never forget the experience. I carry the skills, the experience, attitude, and the motivation with me at my new school and I am blessed to say that good teachers bring positive energy.

My son and I love Nataki! The teachers are not only qualified and hard working but sincere. He has excelled in all areas because the school environment is set up to do just that, allow students to be educated with a wholistic approach. The whole child is educated in more than just the three Rs! This school is in the business of educating citizens for the world to love.

My son started attending NTSD as a kindergartener and will be entering the 4th grade this fall. We love this school. Although there has been some teacher turnover over the years, I find the teachers to be caring, dedicated and committed to excellence. They have a very strong Parent Group which supports the school like no other organization I have ever seen. Along with field trips for the students, the school/parent group plans family events, such as the Annual Family Weekend Trip. The school celebrates no holidays except Kwanzaa, which is filled with activities for both parents and students. I ve heard parents complain that we don t do Black History Month in the school EVERYDAY is Black History day in the school. From the Kindergarteners to the 8th graders, the students are always immersed in the rich history of their ancestors. Philanthropy is also a big part of the NTSD culture. This school teaches the students how to be global citizens of the future. I am blessed to have found such a wonderful school for my son.

Last modified Nataki Talibah Schoolhouse Of Detroit is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.