Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (1 response)

This school was a God send for my children and our family! I really like the small classes and individual attention given to the students. The teachers are highly qualified, creative and talented. I had 3 children at this school who ALL ended up attending Renaissance High School and have been thriving there from day one. This school gives students the strong educational foundation they need to succeed Through their years of high school and college. I am extremely greatful for the education my children were able to obtain from this inner city school during a time when our public school systems are failing to educate students at an alarming rate.

Develops character: Strongly disagree

students & parents rights are being violated and our students will seek help so when a parent (s) get involved the staff and or principal will asked for you and your child/ children to go to another school because again they do not know how to handle situation (s)

My child have been going there for years. Mleckacademy use to be a good school. But now is going down they have plumbing issues , no supplies always asking for parents to contribute towards supplies , The administrative and staff do not know how to handle situations. They do not have anti bullying in place. The dean is never there he comes in goes as he please. They have their social worker (s) doing the principal job. The teachers do not know how to manage their classes. The State really need to come in shut the school down for not complying with the law. Do not send your kid (s) here.

My children have been with MLKECA Since the 1st grade. That school is like family my children have learned so much they have helped one my of my children move. On to attend casstech high school one of the best teacher was. Ms Frederick she really help my children learn she demand respect in her. Class that meant no talking respect your classmates and yourself. The price family is great with the parents and children. The school is a great school with great teachers like Ms. Frederick, Ms. Butts and a host of others teachers. My kids all say Ms. Frederick may have been hard on you. Sometimes when you did not pay attention in class by. Calling on you to answer a question or giving you extra work only because she care. My son is in high school and he tell his sister and brother to. Listen to what Ms. Frederick is teaching you because high school it get very real. And you will have a lot of teachers harder than Ms. Frederick she is a great teacher she really really cares about your education.

My children attend MLKECA the school helped one of my children. Attend Cass Tech High school all of my children have been. With MLKECA since 1st grade Ms Frederick is a great teacher. Who care about her students she have. Always demand that each of her students do the best that they can. My children know Ms Frederick will push you to do your best. She always ask you to respect her classroom and your classmates. And just learn the lesson for the day if . Your talking yes she will call your name to answer questions or Ms Frederick will give you extra work to home. But Ms. Frederick is a great teacher.

Im a student at mlkeca im in 6th grade.mlkeca is a great school.In fall we use books from the last year to get us ready for the meap test because its on every thing you learned in your old class.The one biggest problem is Ms.Fredrick.She is evil.She yells at you for the little things like moving.She is very rude,if you raise your hand to ask a question she answers WHAT !!!! I wish she would get fired.Every new school year students hope she got fired.I wish we had a nicer scince teacher.

Academically a school may appear wonderful, but internally not at all. Our experience with MLK has been a nightmare, from spouse's being allowed to attend meetings held to discuss parents concerns, to spaking of students. If safety and concern is an issue - I wouldn't recommend MLK to anyone

The school is great over all, they just need to have more P/E for the students.

I have three children who attend this school; I am very impressed by the curriculum and programs. The only thing they could improve on would be recess for all ages; children need play time, that s what helps them stay focused and not so antsy while in class. I would recommend my closest friend to enroll their children in this school.

I'm a student there and i HATE this school i cant wait to go to high school

Last modified Martin Luther King Jr. Education Center Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 10 out of 10 based on academic quality.