750 students|Woodward Academy

Bad
Good

My student is a pre school student, her learning capabilities have exceeded kindergarden requirements atteneding this school, she will continue here on to kindergarden.

My son loved school this past year at Woodward Academy, because of his 5th grade teacher, Mr. Justin Beffa. Mr. Beffa taught a split 5th, 6 grade class with my son as one of the nine 5th graders. Mr. Beffa made learning fun as well as challenging. The field trips were educational. Mr. Beffa even got my son to enjoy Romeo and Juliet, The Giver, and The Odessey! He brought his class up to a new level! My son wanted to fail the 5th grade when he found out he wouldn't have Mr. Beffa for the 6 grade. I just hope his 6 grade teacher will continue challenging my son and the other students he or she will have this school year. There are still some great teachers who care. Thanks Mr. Beffa, and thanks Woodward Academy. Please don't let my son down this school year.

I absolutely love my son's math teacher. She is truly one of the best Woodward has to offer. Mrs. Woods always makes time to help her students and makes me as a parent feel comfortable when talking to her. She is always warm and welcoming. I have witnessed so much growth in my sons math abilities, she pushes him to be his very best. She also teaches her students how to be organized and life lessons. In a heartbeat, I would send my son wherever she goes because I know he would be in good hands.

I have three children attending Woodward Academy . Two are grade schoolers and one is a middle school student . They have attended Woodward Academy since kindergarten . Woodward Academy has an excellent teaching staff . The teachers are hardworking , dedicated professionals truly interested in the educational advancement of their students . They make every effort to develop and maintain good communication with students and parents . Woodward Academy also has great after school programs with a variety of activities .

Woodward Acacdemy has one of the brightest and finest Principals in the Detroit area. Above all one of the best Chief Adminstrators Officers around. In addition, a very sound Assistant Principal that is not afraid to make tough disciplinary decisions. Each day, they continue to passionately support students, parents, families, and teachers. After teaching on the East side and downriver for many years, I also believe that our Administration, Teachers, Support staff, Food Services, Maintenance and Security are "second to none". Woodward Academy is committed to "bring it"- to prepare you child for the challenges of a very competitive and changing world. "Those that stay- will be Champions".

Woodward Academy has made many wonderful improvements over the past 2 years. They now offer transportation for students to get to and from school which is a huge help for us parents. Teachers and staff are extremely passionate about the students and their education. It is wonderful to have my kids in a school thats main concern is the students and their achievement. Knowledge is power - GO EAGLES!

The school does an enormous job at helping students and parents succeed. High achievement is the new norm at Woodward Academy.

I think Woodward Academy is one of the most up and coming schools in Detroit. The administration is second to none when it comes to my childrens well being. I hope Woodward continues to get better and becomes one of the premier schools in the city of Detroit.

As a former Woodward Academy parent I was pretty pleased with my child's education for elementary school, K-5, but I was very displeased with the middle school. I would not endorse this school for grades 6-8. There are many Detroit charter schools that are providing quality education for the children of Detroit, but I beg to differ that Woodward Academy is at the top of that list. I would definately check the MEAP scores, attend any Open Houses and really take a look at Woodward Academy's policy's before I decide to enroll there. Most of the parent reviews on this site in regards to Woodward Academy are very accurate.

Woodward Academy has established a reputation as a premier school. Student achievement is on the rise, after many struggles the academy now has a strong leadership team. Parents, staff and students alike are excited about the educational offerings at the school. Its instructional team is second to none. I wholeheartedly recommend WoodwardAcademy to any parent looking for a challenging academic program for their son/daughter.

Last modified Woodward Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.