Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary 4

Posted August 04, 2013
This is very cultural. It is a great school made of a great leader and teachers! I am very happy with this school and so are my children.

Posted March 06, 2012
My daughter has attended CCAE for almost 2 years now, and we absolutely love it. I feel that the staff is especially helpful towards working parents. CCAE offers before and after school surround care that my daughter actually enjoys, The teachers also do a great job of keeping parents up to date by sending home notes with the children when there is an activity approaching, If I ever have any questions, I know that I can stop by the front office where the staff is always friendly and helpful. I feel that the staff here really cares about the children, and I am happy to have such a great place to send my daughter to everyday.

Posted August 08, 2011
I have 3 biological boys and a 4th adopted cousin who attends cesar chavez and they love it! We are a mexican american single parent home who fell victim of a suburb school pushing my boys to becoming statistics. After a long struggle and melvindale schools failing my children again & again, i enrolled my children in cesar chavez and haven't looked back!. They went from being sent home everyday with suspensions to angels. Their grades have improved tremendously and they now have their self esteem back. The school offers many after school programs that my boys like to attend. The staff is wonderful and has supported the transition of my adopted child as well as enforced the safety of all children. I love this school and am grateful this school understands the latino struggle to help mold our children for a successful future!!!!!Si se puede!!!!

Posted January 08, 2011
I work at the upper elementary campus, and I find it to be a truly wonderful experience. We use a positive behavioral support discipline system, and have incredibly low numbers of office referrals. Fights are very uncommon. The school leader is amazing, and will take the time to talk to students, and truly try to help them understand what was wrong with their behavior and how to fix it. I rarely hear yelling from any staff member. Despite poverty, immigration issues, and a host of other challenges that come from living in Southwest Detroit, our students show a tremendous amount of reslience. Most of them enjoy coming to school, and put forth a lot of effort in their learning. We have wonderful parental support, and our school allows space for the kids to be kids through a nurturing environment and fun after school activities and tutoring. We haven't lost site of children struggling in their day to day life, and there's a counselor and a social worker available for students to talk to, should the need arise. Just walk through the doors of our school, and you will feel our sense of family and welcome from every face you see.

Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary 3

Posted August 23, 2010
I was a student in the 1990's and it was great but honestly nowadays, the school is too demanding. The teachers are very stuck up and believe that they have the best interest in the students over the parents. The school has to many restrictions against the students and it annoys me. At the beginning of the year, the teachers take all of the supplies they wanted and the kids are left with nothing outside of the classroom.

Posted August 12, 2010
CCAE is a wonderful elementary school. We are blessed to be surrounded by wonderful students, families, staff, and facility. A few exceptional things that always stand out in my mind as I think of CCA: -There are many opportunities for parents and family involvement at our school. -The staff at CCA (teachers, principal, para-professionals, office and maintenance staff) truly care about the students and families at our school. -There is a positive school-wide behavior program at our school. This means children have consistency throughout the grade levels and with different teachers. -We have state of the art technology in every classroom including Promethean boards (similar to a SMART board), document cameras, and computers. -The school offers MANY programs to help families including English classes for ELL parents or family members. CCA is a great school and I would encourage anyone to stop by and check it out for themselves.

Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary 0

Posted November 01, 2009
We have an awesome staff that teaches to the whole student!

Posted October 30, 2009
We accommodate students of every level, help the community around us, and help families with medical and every day life needs. Our teachers and gentle and kind. We teach with a postive behavior. Our faculty is supportive of each other, the sudents, as well as the families. We have interventionists for both literacy and math to make sure all students learn to the best of thier ability and that they succeed. Our mission is 'to provide an opportunity for all students to learn in a safe atmosphere of academic excellence.' We teach to the motto and learn with that motto. I am proud to be a teacher at this school.

Posted September 04, 2009
This is my 7th year teaching at CCA and it honestly gets better every year! We truely care about our students and expect the best for them. Our parents are great and we work together to build a strong foundation for the children to grow. We have more technology than any urban or suburban school I know of and we stress reading and literacy in all grades, especially in early childhood. We have a long waiting list which has us expanding our elementary and opening up a 2nd building for 4th and 5th grades this year. We stress positive behavior and reward the students for their good behavior. I welcome anyone to come visit our school who has never been, because we truely are one of a kind!

Posted May 01, 2009
I have two daughters in this school and I couldn't be happier with both the school and the staff. We plan to move out of the city soon and I will continue to make the drive so my girls can finish up elementary in this school. The school leader is absolutely the best. She is such a positive influence in both of my girls lives as well as the lives of all the students. The teachers are awesome as well. The whole Cesar Chavez Staff work together to create this positive, fun and safe learning environment for these children. Parent envolvment is highly encouraged and warmly welcomed. Students are recognized for their good behavior everyday. Their positive reinforcement system really boosts up the students self-esteem as well as their character. This school is a Diamond in the Rough!

Contact Information

8126 West Vernor Hwy
Detroit, MI 48209

Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary
8126 West Vernor Hwy, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary is a charter school
Cesar Chavez Academy Elementary Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.