Public charter
Detroit, MI

Cesar Chavez Middle School 4

Posted August 17, 2014
The School environment is safe and caring. I truly think the administration changed that happened a few years ago, changed the school system. It was a pleasure sending my child to CCAMS. I think changes still need to be made to the administration like getting a more caring dean of student or more after school programs and more electives.

Posted October 30, 2013
In my opinion its a great school my kids don't complain about going they love their teachers. What I personally like is that the teachers are always willing to work with the kids they make learning fun which makes kids want to be part of the classroom. Also like dress code school shouldn't be about fashion but about learning and not to forget grades online I really like that.

Cesar Chavez Middle School 4

Posted August 04, 2013
This school has a great cultural feel. The teachers are very attentive with the students. The leader Ms. Von Keltz is great! I do have a concern and that is with the school s dean of students, Mr. Schwartz is smart aleck with the students, on numerous occasions I have observed him speaking down to the children or answering to them as if they were adults. I have also experienced a few times where my children come home complaining about him and his ways. He needs to become more sensitive and respectful to the students. I also dislike the school shoe policy. Apparently the school doesn t allow students to wear any kind of shoe that s not a loafer even if it s snowing; I find this challenging when we live in Michigan with crazy weather and not enough time between school bells in the morning to changes shoes. Also there isn t a large variety of loafers for students at stores and their price is high for a pair of ugly shoes that children do not find comfortable and aren t versatile making parents spend money on a pair of shoe that can t be worn any other time. I really dislike that.

Posted November 23, 2011
Caesar Chavez is a great school. The teachers are dedicated to their students. The staff is nice.

Cesar Chavez Middle School

Posted November 02, 2009
It's a fun & safe place to learn :)

Posted February 25, 2009
Cesar Chavez Academy has been going through many transitions to help each of our students succeed! There are many reviews that are old and outdated and they do not justify the achievements of the students and staff.

Posted March 08, 2008
I think this is a wonderful school. My daughter loves her teachers, and loves being part of the yearbook club.

Posted August 29, 2006
Me and my friend go to Cesar Chavez Middle School. We have never had any problem with gangs, violence, or teachers...Ever! i believe that every student has a chance to do good there. The school provides many after-school programs such as the yearbook club, basketball teams, and soccer teams. So think about coming to Cesar Chavez Middle School. It really is a great school.

Cesar Chavez Middle School 2

Posted April 17, 2006
i think they shoud watch the students more there is too much violance and gangs

Posted October 17, 2005
I believe Cesar Chavez Middle School is a good school. I do believe the parents need to be more active in their students education. Many parents are not involved in the students education and that will make a huge impact on a students behavior. The parents dont give the teachers enough credit for the hard work they do, they have no idea what it is like teaching 25-32 students at a time. I believe the teachers and staff do a very good job and they watch the students the best they can. If the parents have a concern maybe they should volunteer to help, and spend a day at the school to see exactly how it is. It is a great place to send your child.

Cesar Chavez Middle School
6782 Goldsmith Street, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Cesar Chavez Middle School is a Charter school that serves grades 6-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Cesar Chavez Middle School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top