Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=12675+burt+rd,detroit,mi+48223&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=z-8cgyru1ptyooyeerlp-u_vsrs=

Detroit Community Schools-High School

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Detroit Community Schools-High School 5197724 2

Posted July 18, 2013
Detroit Community school has changed over the years, my advise DON'T SEND YOuR CHILD HERE..No good activities, teachers and prinipals (4) being fired throughout the school year, only thing that was looked forward to is the boys basketball team, superintendent and the rest of the administration had bad attitudes, school was safe because of all the hired security staff, but they focus and care more about ur uniform and everything else in the book then your education..bottom line, send your child there yur gonna wish you hadn't..on the bright side there were a lot of teachers on the students side against the administration..and sadly I think that's why they were fired...SCHOOL IS ABOUT NOTHING BUT POLITICS

Detroit Community Schools-High School 3959110 5

Posted November 23, 2009

Detroit Community Schools-High School 3233090 5

Posted September 09, 2008

Detroit Community Schools-High School 3075411 0

Posted June 21, 2008
I,Darkila Knaff was very happy to attend dch school. I like there environment that they have. Also dch is a very impressive of school it's clean and it have beautiful declaration.Sometimes the work may get hard time to time but hea its high school what do you expect it to be.That's why dch have after school tutoring so when you need help take time off and get help so you can improve .I'm so happy that my school dch has actives like, the dance team,cheerleading team in many more actives.That's keeping the student's busy making them stay on track insteady running the street's all the time because,there's nothing out there in them street's but drama in bad action.I,Darkila Knaff can't wait to get in the 10th grade so I can be on the dance team because I love dancing I dance everyday no matter what im doing .

Detroit Community Schools-High School 3043337 1

Posted June 01, 2008

Detroit Community Schools-High School 1609614 5

Posted May 03, 2006
My daughter graduated from dch in May '03. I can't tell you how impressed I was with this learning institution. The teachers, counselors, office personnel, cheerleading coaches, etc. were wonderful. My daughter is about to graduate in May 07' from Duke University. I can truly say that her experience at dch helped prepare her for Duke as well as for the LSAT. She will be starting law school in Sept. 07 Of course, with the school being newly formed, there were a lot of 'kinks', and obstacles to work through. However,the overall experience with dch was wonderful for us. The administration and staff are truly interested and concerned with the students receiving a quality education. They work with the students to ensure that they have every opportunity possible to excell beyound h.s. I would recommend this school to anyone who is thinking about h.s. for their youngster.

Detroit Community Schools-High School 1311442 1

Posted September 03, 2005

Detroit Community Schools-High School 1310753 5

Posted September 02, 2005

Detroit Community Schools-High School 1292302 5

Posted August 22, 2005
The 2004-2005 school year was the first year that my son attended dch. I was very impressed with the effort and time that many of the teachers applied to my child. They were very encouraging with him, and very informative with me.One of the teachers even asked my permission to take my son to henry ford community college to assist us in enrolling him in a few classes to help develope his math skills. Not only was i impressed by the academic staff, but the boys basketball coaches were wonderful also. I would highly suggest dch for parents who are seeking a excellent school within the city of detroit. Prior to attending dch my son had attended dearborn acadamy and the acadamy for bussiness and technology.I thought that i would never find a school within the city that would match their standards, however dch surpassed them.

Detroit Community Schools-High School 957127 1

Posted December 06, 2004

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Detroit Community Schools-High School
12675 Burt Rd, Detroit, MI  48223
Detroit Community Schools-High School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.