Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 4

Posted May 21, 2014
Over the years i guess since 2003 daas may not been a good choice for some. My child been with daas awhile now 5th grade yes they have their ups n downs but my daughter has always been on honor roll from the beginning and she loves it they have grown alot look where they are at today the ellen show etc yes they not perfect but as long my child stays on honor roll n etc that's good enough for me that mean they have to be doing something right n they also honor their kids with luncheons yes it has been times I've may didn't won't my child to return but daas has grown a lot n every school is not perfect keep that in mind their grades is what counts n what they have learned by the end of the day that what matters to me

Posted March 02, 2011
I am a former DAAS parent. I just learned that Oakland University, who is the charter authorizer of DAAS endorsed DAAS's current superintendent who has no educational experience. He is a lawyer by trade. He is working as a lawyer while still trying to be the superintendent of DAAS. Our students deserve better. DAAS was once a really good school.

Posted January 04, 2011
This is a terrible school. Students are not being educated here. I would strongly discourage any parent from taking your child to this school or a teacher from applying to work there.

Posted August 07, 2010
IF ANYBODY RATES DAAS AS A FOUR STAR IT IS BECAUSE THEY ARE SADLY MISLEAD AND HOODWINKED BY THE ADVERTISEMENT THAT DAAS HAS.

Posted September 03, 2009

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 3

Posted September 02, 2009

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 5

Posted July 08, 2008
Detroit Academy of Arts Sciences has provided my grandson with a great beginning to his school career. He just completed kindergarten and I can not be more pleased with his education. The reading program at DAAS has helped him so much. I am so thrilled when he writes me notes to me that are grammatically correct. I learned at his kindergarten promotion that 95% of all of DAAS kindergarteners are reading at or above grade level! When talking to other parents, they said they are keeping their children at DAAS because of what they are learning and the reading program. I can t agree more! I recommend DAAS to any parent who is looking for a school that really works with its students!

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 2

Posted June 07, 2008
I would recommend that parents not send their child to DAAS. Aside from a few excellent teachers and support staff the school is not up to par with other schools in the surrounding areas. My child's fourth grade teacher did a wonderful job this year educating my child but I come to find out that she will not be returning next year. She will be greatly missed by myself, my child and the rest of the student body and staff. It is educators like her that make DAAS what it is. Due, to the fact that she will not be returning neither will my children. The administration should try to retain teachers like her instead of letting them go. They wonder why enrollment is down and it is due to the poor management of the school by the inexperienced administration.

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 5

Posted May 12, 2008
DAAS is one of the best elementary schools in city of Detroit. The administration and teachers are caring and committed to student achievement. The MEAP scores continue to climb. The fine arts department is second to non in an elementary school. DAAS students can be found performing throughout the city. Each and every time DAAS students perform; they receive standing ovations and rave reviews. Superintendent Stan Bowman is taking the school and district in the right direction. Under Mr. Bowman s leadership, DAAS continues to flourish. Staff Appreciation was last week. The appreciation the parents demonstrated towards the staff was over whelming. It was a testament to how parents feel about the Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences.

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences 4

Posted February 28, 2008
It is good to know that there are other teachers past and present that have had a positive experience teaching at Detroit Academy of Arts and Sciences. I had to relocate out of state because of family obligations but I really enjoyed my time at this school. When I was a first year teacher, Ms. McReynolds,the Primary Principal along with the Instructional Coaches mentored and encouraged me every step of the way. They saw my potential to be a excellent teacher and they continuously encouraged and motivated me even when I felt that I might not be able to make a difference. I can honestly say I am now a successful Homeroom teacher because of the genuine support I received. I really miss DAAS!

Contact Information

2985 East Jefferson Ave
Detroit, MI 48207

School website

Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences
2985 East Jefferson Ave, Detroit, MI  48207
Last modified Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences is a charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 1 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Detroit Academy Of Arts And Sciences Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 39 reviews.