Posted April 04, 2014
I absolutely love this school and my children do too! They make you feel like family and they let the parents stay involved. They have wonderful afterschool abd Saturday programs.

Posted January 21, 2009
Overall my children enjoy attending the school. The teachers are wonderful they try to educate the whole child.

Timbuktu Academy Of Science And Technology 0

Posted July 10, 2008
This school has really done a tremendous job at creating an atmosphere that makes children feel safe enough to learn. The teachers care about the children and families that are part of the school. Leadership has shown very strong improvement and I appreciate the way that the staff interacts with my children and I. It feels good when children want to go to school and I don't have to drag them out of bed. if you are looking for a school that treats you like family and gives your children a quality education. You are looking in the right direction.

Posted June 25, 2008
i think that every teacher care about each and every student and loves them as their own child.

Posted May 05, 2008

Posted March 04, 2008
This is a wonderful school that is African centered and structured. Both of my children attended school here from the very beginning. I know because my son graduated from here 2 yrs ago. I had to enroll my daughter into another school and guess what !! I quickly reenrolled her back her. Our young people need structure and a eye opener for respect. You'll be sure to have a great relationshp with your child's teacher and that makes it even more exciting along with the wonderful academic acheivements here.

Posted June 06, 2007
This is a school that teaches the children by using the seven principles of nguzo saba which is very beneficial for African American children. Their curriculum is more aggressive than Detroit Public Schools. The staff treat the children and parents as family.

Posted May 14, 2007
I personally loved this school. It gave our children a sence of who they were as a class of people.

Timbuktu Academy Of Science And Technology 3

Posted November 02, 2006
I have a son and daughter that goes here. This school has a lot of great teachers. They are African centered which is great, but other than the ceremonies and unity circle, I think it's a great school. They have an open door policy so go check it out!

Timbuktu Academy Of Science And Technology
10800 East Canfield St, Detroit, MI  48214
Last modified Timbuktu Academy Of Science And Technology is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Timbuktu Academy Of Science And Technology Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 9 reviews.