George Crockett Academy 3

Posted September 29, 2013
Its not perfect but its ok you have to get up early and everything my mom said she heard. coach wood telling the principal they have ants in the basement its pretty small but teacher are ok

Posted August 11, 2011
This school is great for urban children. They have taught my children alot and the teachers are very involved with the children education and personal growth.

George Crockett Academy 1

Posted March 05, 2011
My son was a student a GCA for three years and the teachers always gave their all in insuring my child's success. Anything that my child needed to be successful the teachers were in contact with me to make sure he was learning and achieving as best he could. Unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of having some of the great experiences of some of the other parents at GCA with leadership. The school leader was unprofessional, unethical (i.e. having interactions with parents that can be interpreted as completely inappropriate), and had absolutely no regard for what you had to say if it was not on the same page as what HE believed was correct. He claims to care about these kids and have their best interest at heart but he can't even remember their names. I would get memo sent home by my child with correspondence from the school leader with typos and mispelled words, but this is suppose to be the person who is leading and representing the school?? GCA has the ability to be a great school but the school is only as good as it's leader

George Crockett Academy 0

Posted May 06, 2010
I like the way the administrators of the school communicate with each parent. You are always in the loop about what happening at the school. They stress healthy eating and the academics are outstanding!

Posted August 17, 2009

George Crockett Academy 0

Posted February 16, 2009
My child attended GCA from K-6. I was very satisfied in the early part of her attendance. However, once she reached grade 5, things really began to fall apart at the school. Over the years, bad teachers, weak administration, lack of classroom management, many, many changes in teaching staff (my child had 4 different teachers one school year and 3 the next, which severely stiffled the learning process), and lack of dicipline caused me to move my child to another school. I did not believe she would be prepared to enter high school, if I allowed her to remain there any longer than she did. She has florished since she left GCA. GCA started off good, but ended up being a great disappointment. On a good note, the latch key program was is run by a caring staff who make great efforts to offer good activities and set good examples.

Posted May 18, 2007
We have been with George Crockett for 5 years now and it is great. The environment is warm and welcoming. Safety is a first priority, and the disciplinary regimen is wonderful. In this type of environment my child has been able to continually thrive. We love our school!

Posted February 26, 2005
I am very pleased with the education my children receive at George Crockett. My children are pushed for success. Both the teachers and staff are caring, hardworking, and most important dedicated.

Posted November 16, 2004
George Crockett Academy is a very good school. The uniqueness of the school is what makes the world of differnce. GCA is small, but big enough to entill core values into the students. They should pride themselves with giving the students an opportunity to experience success, higher standards, several extra curricular activities, leadership skills and togetherness. A lot of these larger schools lose some of that because of the size, but GCA remains a step above the rest.

Posted November 12, 2004

George Crockett Academy
4851 14Th St, Detroit, MI  48208
Last modified George Crockett Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
George Crockett Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 10 reviews.