Posted January 05, 2011
As an educator at PTA, there is no other place I would rather be. The administration, the teachers, the para-professionals, and all other individuals (especially the office staff and PTO) are among the most amazing individuals I have ever had the privilege of working with. Our students are not just numbers, they are OUR children. We love and care for them as if they were our own, and carry the same expectations for them as we would our own children. Our kids are AMAZING and can do anything! The staff is committed to their excellence, and regularly go above and beyond for our kids - not for recognition, but because it is the right thing to do. I have been so blessed to be a part of this community, and to be a part of the lives of our children and their beautiful families. The statement Power To Achieve is truly the blood that runs through this school's veins! WE HAVE THE ABSOLUTE POWER TO ACHIEVE!!!!!!!!

Posted March 25, 2010

Posted April 20, 2009
As a product of DPS (Detroit Public School), I truely appreciate PTA. The teacher are there for more than a paycheck, they truely care about each students acedemic success. Both my boys attend PTA and I wouldn't have it any other way. By the way...The Parent Teacher Organization is Awesome. It should be called the Parent Teacher Community Organization.

Posted March 25, 2009
People talk about this school all the time. But my child enjoys it, a lot. The uniforms are professional, the principal is awesome. Teachers don't cuss, like Melvindale school. It's close to home, and my kid is learning French, mandatory. Thumbs up! PTA!

Pierre Toussaint Academy 4

Posted January 20, 2009

Posted January 04, 2009

Posted October 23, 2008

Posted April 26, 2008
One of the best aspects of PTA, is the supportive nature of the staff and administrators. I feel comfortable teaching there and am looking forward to continuing next school year. Keep up the good work!

Posted March 18, 2008

Pierre Toussaint Academy 1

Posted March 19, 2006
My child went to this school from k-2. I really enjoyed the school her first two years. I was active in the school also. When she was in the second grade alot of things change :( At first I tried to give the school a chance because a new school leader took over and quite a few new teachers came. By the middle of the school year I was fed up. The security was awful. People could just walk in the building without anyone saying something to them. Students would go from one building to another without an adult present (the school sits on a residental street). The communicationg was horrible. My child is now at a new school and I am enjoying this school.

Pierre Toussaint Academy
2450 South Beatrice St, Detroit, MI  48217
Last modified Pierre Toussaint Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 5 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Pierre Toussaint Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 11 reviews.