Posted September 25, 2013
This is a great school. The atmosphere is so welcoming and family oriented. I love the teachers there because they take their time into helping students that are struggling. My son has improved quickly with his reading and spelling. It's a great school and I highly will recommend anyone who is interested, enroll their child here because it's all worth it!!

Hope Academy 1

Posted April 30, 2010
I've been involved with Hope Academy over the last 3 years. During this time, I've noticed that the administration is very inconsistent and do not have control of the students. Instead, they spend time stressing over issues that are insignificant; however, some of the teachers are doing a good job of educating students. Others are not

Posted April 29, 2010
A good educational school with a excellent curriculum.

Posted April 30, 2009
Hope Academy is the best! It is the best run charter school in Detroit. You may find a school just as good but you won't find one any better!

Posted January 19, 2009
Both of my daughters have attended Hope Academy since Kindergarden. If you are looking for a great education for your children look no future than Hope Academy.

Posted September 16, 2008
My daughter has been attending this school since a year after they opened. She's now in the 8th grade and and has been a 4.0 student every since. You get to know all the teachers on a personal level its like a home away from home atmosphere. Thanks

Posted July 21, 2007
- a former student
I am a former student at hope academy and I think it is a excellent school.Everything was great there.The teachers there were also great.The principal was really good .I recommend this school to everyone.

Posted May 17, 2007
Hope is a pretty good school. Can it improve? Yes, I wish that there were more extracurricular activities. The school is small, has a very familiar appeal. You can really get to know every staff member well. My son has attended this school for three years now and from what I have endured from other schools, this one is great. The Principal (Ms Saunders) is a real doll. She will work with any request. My son is special needs and I needed teachers who understood and would help him reach his potential not kick him out. I sat down with the Principal and we worked out a plan of action together. You can't get any better than this.

Hope Academy 4

Posted June 28, 2005
Principal Sanders is very involved with her staff and the students. The science, spanish, gym classes are fun and creative for children. Had a bit of problem with one teacher but was an overall good year. Core curriculum strongly taught (Math, English, Social Studies). Sadly, the school doesn't have an official playground for outside activities. Unfortunately, music, dance, swim, football, basketball aren't a part of the after school or extra curriculum. Would recommend. Needs some improvement.

Hope Academy 4

Posted April 22, 2005
Hope Academy is a good school. It meets the needs of my children. As in all schools the more active you are the better it will be for your children. Hope Academy educational environment is GREAT! I would recommend this school to a parent who is willing to do more than just send their child to school, this school works when you as a parent re-enforcemnt the academics at home ... You child can soar if you also soar with him/her.

Hope Academy
12121 Broadstreet Avenue, Detroit, MI  48204
Last modified Hope Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Hope Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 14 reviews.