Posted July 30, 2011
I attended Weston for 7 years. It is a very good school. They have good teachers & the education you receive is great preparation for college. The school is small but it helps create close-knit environment. & one-on-one time with teachers. However in the past I believe that it suffered from poor leadership. I believe that now they have become only a K-8 school, they have corrected the problems. Both my niece & nephew go there and love it.

Weston Preparatory Academy 1

Posted September 16, 2010
Trust and Believe. That school is beyond terrible! My experience there was an absolute nightmare! One star is saying too much! If you want to get a "good" education i suggest you look for another school, any other school! The teachers/people in authority are harsh, and rude. Did i mention lazy?! There are a "few" good teachers, and when i say a "few" it's literal. The teachers/people in authority also team up against the students to imitate them. Then when they are all goody two shoes to the parents face! Smh. Therefore the students have nothing else to do, but pick on and be-little other students which is really pathetic!

Weston Preparatory Academy 3

Posted February 04, 2010
Weston has been an excellent school for my high school and elementary age children. It is an excellent alternative to DPS. The teachers there are very involved and willing to work with my children. The facilities could be a bit better, especially for elementary, but the small class sizes more than make up for it. I would defintely recommend this school to other parents in the area.

Posted February 04, 2010
Weston High School students scored in third place on the Spring 2009 Mathematics when compared to 23 DPS high schools. Only Cass Tech and Renaissance scored higher. Also Weston students ranked in 4th place on English as compared to the same 23 high schools. If your serious about academic achievement you will find that we demand the best from our students and push them to their potential. A teacher that cares about their future.

Weston Preparatory Academy 1

Posted July 08, 2008
I am appalled, shocked and utterly dismayed by the experience my children had at Weston this year! Not only did Weston fabricate after school activities for students, they provided a substandard tutoring program that was often cancelled! The teachers were harsh and uncaring, opting to utilize worksheets to keep students occupied instead of learning. The staff morale is so low that you can often hear teachers complaining openly during the school day. Teachers band together against students to attempt to intimidate them. There is no training to help teachers cope with different learning styles. Therefore, students are often given failing grades when the school has actually failed them! Parents, please consider yourselves warned. This 'school' sees your children as potential revenue instead of future leaders.

Posted May 06, 2008
Actually the school is not that great They need to make it bigger and get new lockers. They also need morre classes dont nobody want to go to no school with the same boring classes. They write up and put out for dumbs things like your uniform. Let me not tell you about uniforms they make you wear a hot blazer and shirt with a tie. I can understand if we could wear polo shirts and khaki pants but they wanna trip. That school is horrible.

Posted March 04, 2008
My name is Takeya Strange. I`ve been at weston since the 9th grade n now am in the 11th. Overall the school been great.The teachers here care about the students education. There are many faculties that cares. Such as Mr.Dicks, Ms. Hamilton,Mrs.Downham,Ms.Pouncy,Ms.Gonzalez and many more.

Weston Preparatory Academy 5

Posted January 29, 2008
My name is lauren and i go there and still go there now as of 2008 Weston has lockers now and has secruities that keeps us safe. Since going to weston We have alot of teachers who care and alot of faculities who care such as hamilton,dicks,pouncy,johnson,gonzalez and many more. I recommened you try out weston for at least a year i admit it is not the best but it is a caring safe and fun experience.Although some teachers are boring all of our teachers strive us for the best and trust they take no bull only excellence A current student Lauren E. Sowell Try it out

Posted March 13, 2007

Weston Preparatory Academy
22930 Chippewa St, Detroit, MI  48219
Last modified Weston Preparatory Academy is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 4 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Weston Preparatory Academy Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 25 reviews. Top