Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 5

Posted February 04, 2014
My girls love Ross Hill. The class sizes are small and my girls get more one on one attention. I've never had a problem with the staff everyone is very friendly. Many schools in Detroit have bad kids that's from these parents not doing their job, can't blame the staff at Ross Hill. Only school my kids have went to where they give kids money for Christmas very personal with their students.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 1

Posted October 26, 2011
i dont like ross hill schools the kids are mean and the teacher dont a about it and i dont go there no more.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 4

Posted September 16, 2010
Ross-Hill academy is a wonderful school. My daughter is in 1st grade and she absolutely loves it and she loves her teacher. She just started attending this school year and so far so good. The teachers communicate very well with the parents. A couple days ago i was picking up my daughter from school and i overheard some older kids yelling and cursing outside... an authority figure came out and told the kids not to speak that way at school and not to hurt the school's image. Those students were told to leave.. i really appreciated that because my daughter is only 6 and that shows me that the school is very disciplined and they dont allow that kind of behavior

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 0

Posted February 28, 2010
Rha needs a lot of improvement in staff & students.My daughter has only been a student there for a month & have been harrassed by the students that has been there,this is everyday,i've spoken to the dean about this situation on various occassions and still no results, my nieces are new as well&has had the same problems.Why is the staff takng up for the older students and allowing them to bully the new students,they have threaten them & i heard them threaten my daughter.This has got to stop,i will go further if it doesn't,like to the news,etc.My daughter &nieces are just trying to get their educaton so they can move fwd,how can they when they're being harrassed everyday & nobody is doing anything? I have requested a meeting with the parents by speaking with the dean,& i haven't heard back yet! improvement needed

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 0

Posted January 16, 2009
Ross-Hill is a good school academically. However, there are no team sports. My son is very good in basketball and will have to leave Ross-Hill in order to play where the scouts can come. It's unfortunate because he has spent his entire Middle School years at Ross-Hill

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 2

Posted October 05, 2007
I think RHA needs a lot of improvement. When I first enrolled my child in the high school it was for the curriculums that they advertised like Cosmetology, Healthcare, Designing. These were things that my child was interested in so I moved her from the high school she was attending and placed her at Ross Hill. Ross Hill had none of those programs and I was very disappointed because my daughter could have stayed where she was. This school is a joke and I did remove my daughter.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 5

Posted July 13, 2007
I appreciate the staff and atmosphere at Ross Hill under Dr. Williams. How Ross Hill each year expands into a K-12 campus. The staff has been consistent...remaining over the years from my grandson's K now he is in the 10th grade and most of the same teachers are still there--ethnically and there are several men teachers.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 1

Posted July 11, 2007
Yes I do agree with that parent that the Ross Hill Academy is full of it they talk a good game about educating our children giving them more criteria and more homework to keep them up with todays society when all the do is give you more of a headache about there expences. I was looking forward to a different level of learning for my child when it was like keeping him in public high school now don't get me wrong I believe that the elementary part of Ross Hill is doing so good but what we do with our children when they get in older and want to attend the high school part I hope they get it together. Speaking on when you can recieve a report card for your child they either don't have the paper to print on or they haven't printed them up

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 2

Posted January 11, 2006
I was very disappointed in Ross Hill Academy,especially the teachers they talked a good game but could'nt back it up.The after school program was pointless the kids never had any homework help.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary 3

Posted January 10, 2006
RHA was a disappointmnet.The school talk a good game, but had little to offer. The free after school programs were not meaningful, it is comparable to watching your children play on the playground. They do offer music classes that was a plus however, they do not have their own gym and the children had to walk to the Franklin as well as most of their field trips. I would not recommend this school.

Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary
3111 Elmwood St, Detroit, MI  48207
Last modified Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary is a Charter school. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 8 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Ross-Hill Academy-Elementary Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.