Center For Literacy And Creativity 3

Posted October 31, 2010
I worked here for 2 months. The principal took me off my job and promised me another job. He didn't make good on his word.

Posted August 21, 2010
This school's staff is THE BEST! The teachers, parents and administration are TOPS! Students, even the "bad ones" are treated like family, with respect and love. I wish schools everywhere had the same need for students to not only learn book smarts but common sense smarts. It's really sad how parents now look to their children's schools to actually raise, disciple, feed and entertain their children. It should NOT be allowed but for those kids who don't get any support at home this school is one that offers just that support, guidance, help, education and love. My son has been a student at the Center for the last five years and we won't leave until the teachers, staff and administration leave!

Center For Literacy And Creativity 0

Posted February 02, 2010

Center For Literacy And Creativity 0

Posted November 03, 2009

Posted September 25, 2009
This school has a history of educating, nuturing and supporting its student and parent body. I love the attention that people like Mrs. Foster and Mrs. Butler pay to children and to parents who need it. The students become fast friends for life. The building needs to expand tremendously, and if it did the school would be bursting at the seams. The staff are kind and caring with a personal touch. The curriculum puts students one year ahead of other schools. Keep up the good work and please expand!

Posted September 23, 2008
My children have attended this school from kindergarten. for several years. My oldest is now in high school. The staff goes over and beyond the call of duty. I wish the building was larger. If the school was bigger I know that they wouldn't have a problem with getting students.

Posted August 19, 2008
I have attended this school for every year, except 6th grade, in which I moved on to go to a DPS. I excelled in every course in the DPS curriculum. C.L.C offers a great opportunity for students, as well as a promising future. I am now a senior at University High School, where I continue to use and develop my literacy, mathematical, and deductive reasoning skills that I have attained from C.L.C. The students who come here has an amazing opportunity ahead of them, and the school does open doors.

Center For Literacy And Creativity 3

Posted May 14, 2008
My child has attended C.L.C for seven years.The staff are great and very active.I just wish the school was a bit bigger. That is one of my biggest concerns.Still, the staff help children when they are behind and don't they don't mind.

Posted November 14, 2007
- a administrator
My son attended C.L.C. for 6 years and my daughter for 5 years. C.L.C. gave them their roots. I am so appreciative of the staff at C.L.C. My son graduated in 2004 and went on to Oak Park High School where he used a lot of what he learned in C.L.C. The books that he had to read in high school he had already read while he was a student at C.L.C. To this day he still resites the 'I Have A Dream' speech that was taught to him by Mrs. Butler. He is now a student at Ferris State and is still using advise and knowledge gained at C.L.C. My daughter who is now a honor student at Luddington goes back to C.L.C. every chance she gets. Just like my son she is still using materal she learned at C.L.C. I also go back to visit with the staff.

Posted November 08, 2007
My son has been in attendance at CLC for 2 years now and I am honest when I say I have no complaints at all. The one on one with the students, parents teachers and supporting staff is great. The atmosphere is a village that comes together for one common goal. To educate and equip our children with the necessary fundamentals to compete and excel in our society today. As with any company , family , organization etc. Problems will arise but at CLC they are not problems that can't be fixed.

Contact Information

18401 West McNichols Rd
Detroit, MI 48219

Center For Literacy And Creativity
18401 West McNichols Rd, Detroit, MI  48219
Last modified Center For Literacy And Creativity is a charter school
Center For Literacy And Creativity Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 15 reviews.