Bad
Good

Currently, most people answered Agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (5 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (4 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Strongly agree (3 responses)
Currently, most people answered Neutral (2 responses)

Although this community has its fair share of disadvantages (poverty, gangs, lack of jobs, adult illiteracy) the teachers, staff and administration put forth great efforts to care for and educate the kids coming in with these heavy burdens and obstacles they face daily. Great strides are being made and the community is better for it.

Because my grandson is a special needs student ,I was skeptical at first but the one on one time that he gets when hes pulled out of the class, he's been learning ah lot.

Due to extremely high winds today I was able to contact the school directly,get on website,and received a call concerning the problem in good enough time to get my daughter from school communication is strong and dependable in a timely manner when it's concerning your children I feel in control love the system

Supports LD students: Agree

I have a child who has a learning difficulties and I can truly say that since started going there this year i have seen a huge improvement.

Teacher effectiveness: Neutral

Somewhat OK if they have a problem with my child or my child is missing work they will inform me

Amount of homework: Neutral

My two older receives little to no homework but my two little ones gets homework weekly

I have 4 kids that are at this school and I can truly say that overall their grades improve at this school than their last one there are some flaws but over all I think this is a good school

good School that takes Education and kids safey good

Excellent school! My daughter has been a student since kindergarten and is now a 5th grader. I have no complaints. Excellent teachers and stafff.

I was esstatic for the first day of school. I had visited the school a couple times before school started to get my daughter enrolled. We met the principle He was great. So I just knew it was a great school after reading the reviews and everything I felt secure with what I thought would be a great choice considering me and my daughter had just moved to the neighborhood and had a few options on schools. This seemed to be the best choice. We was in for a rude awakening the third day of school my daughter got into a fight. A young lady stepped to my daughter and told her to shut the F word up numerous times then hauled off and slapped my daughter in the face which engaged them in a fight. The young lady is known to be a bully I spoke with the prinicple they moved her to a differnt class. After they told me they would not be switching my daughters class they switched her class anyway. They fired the best principal and the school has went down hill from there they do not have any control over the students in the classrooms since all of that my daughter has had several fights with girls and boys all provoked by someone hitting her, and I have had meetings with the school about bullying policies which they have not put in effect. This school is out of order and has a bed bug problem. One of the office staff Ms. TILLIS is very rude to people. IT'S THE WORST SCHOOL MY DAUGHTER HAS BEEN TO EVER. They switched the Teachers so much because the class is so out of order they cant find a teacher to stay longer then a month. Teachers have cried that they cant handle the class and the parents dont care about their children as soon as this year is up im snatching my daughter out of that school Asap. They should have never gotten rid of Mr. Buldger he was the glue that was holding this poor little school together. Im so dissapointed.

Last modified Detroit Service Learning Academy is a Charter school that serves grades K-8. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 3 out of 10 based on academic quality.