Streetview?fov=70&size=130x130&location=17195+redford+st,detroit,mi+48219&sensor=false&client=gme-greatschoolsinc&signature=le6e2f5trrrmzwrw3o59e2_gtum=

Old Redford Academy - Elementary

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 5028669 4

Posted January 28, 2013
My son has been going to ORA since 3rd grade, I've been impressed since day one of the small class rooms, challenging homework, and the support of all the teachers going over and beyond. My son is now in the 5th grade and I'm definitely going to enroll him in the middle school.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 5011814 4

Posted January 10, 2013
I have 4 children at ORA. My oldest is in 2nd grade and has been their for 3 years. My family and I love this school and the environment. They force the children to dress for success on a daily basis and to take responsiblilty for their actions. I am a very involved parent and the staff works with my family and I to make sure my children are getting the best education possible. Some parents need to realize that the educating of our children starts at home and you can't expect everything to be taught in school. If you don't start this process at home, your child is already at a disadvantage.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4302312 4

Posted June 11, 2012
For the teacher who stated that all Mr. Smith cares about is money, all I have read about is what she is so unhappy about which just happens to be money. This teacher needs to re-evaluate what exactly she is at the school, and is her ultimate goal money or making sure our children learn.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4397805 1

Posted June 10, 2012
This school needs to be closed down, ORA makes Detroit public schools look like Harvard. The entire school year, my son has not had field trips, they are unorganized. I do not suggest this school to ANYONE. This year is my childrens LAST year at ORA

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4822048 1

Posted June 10, 2012
Melvin Smith the CEO for Old Redford Academy cares about one thing, MONEY. This guy took his whole administartion staff to Aruba for a "Professional Development" while my students went the entire year without enough outdated books for everyone. The turnover rate for teachers is so high because, once you've worked there long enough to deserve a good raise, you get replaced by a fresh out of college teacher. These teachers are cheap, but they also are inexperienced and a lot of them don't make it through the year. This is the kind of corruptness that needs to be eradicated from Detroit, not put on display for the kids to see.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4788375 1

Posted April 24, 2012
My grandson failed kindergarten at the school last year. This year he is on the honor roll. His current teacher could not understand why he was held back along with some other children in her class this year. Something is wrong with this picture.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4622441 5

Posted December 06, 2011
If your the type of parent who complains about rules and regulations then this school isn't for you. No fights and there pently of after school programs like environment science club,art club,french club,etc...

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4047789 5

Posted April 11, 2011
I have one child attending ORAE and one at ORAM, My son is in 6th grade and I love how his teachers keep me involved with his learning and with whats is going on in school seeing that I can not be there due to work. They keep me informed via email so what ever take place in school that day i am aware rather its good news or bad news, this gives me the oppertunity to address the situation right away instead of waiting on parent teacher conference. I love this school. Keep up the good work staff.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4498617 4

Posted March 28, 2011
Old Redford Academy is a very good school for parents who are active in helping their child(ren) to obtain the best academic achievement possible. I like the zero tolerate disciple school environment. My child has learned a lot.

Old Redford Academy - Elementary 4147216 0

Posted April 22, 2010
As a involved parent Old Redford was not a good experience. The teacher's are not dedicated in teaching the children. They teach independed learning. They are quick to label your child instead of working with the chlid and the parent. The children have no voice. This will be my child last year. A school must have ccommitted teachers who listen.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Old Redford Academy - Elementary
17195 Redford St, Detroit, MI  48219
Old Redford Academy - Elementary Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 38 reviews.