Posted April 30, 2014
My child is in 2nd grade now. He has been at the school since kindergarten. I love the school size and class size. There are only 7 classes in the school. Everyone pretty much know everyone. I love the family feeling. I also love the fact that they challenge my child. They don't hold him back. He gets work for the level he's on even though its above the class level. Thanks Joy Prep Oakman! We're going to miss you.

Posted November 14, 2013
My Daughter Goes To This School...And I Love It! The Teachers & Staff Members Really Care About Your Child's Success...My Daughter Is Currently On The Honnor Roll & Keeps Improving In Every Subject!!!!

Posted March 21, 2011
I put my son in this school in January of 2009 while in the 1st grade. I was VERY IMPRESSED with his first grade teacher. She was a teacher that TRULY CARED about your child education. My son was a little behind and she came up with ways for me to help him at home as well as new learning tools for him in class that he enjoyed and helped him out tremendously. My son began to enjoy reading, writing and math and I thank her to this day. I know have my granddaughter in kindergarten at JPA and her teacher is AMAZING. Like my son's first grade teacher, she is AWESOME! These are teachers that really cares about your children education. She has unique ideas about learning that makes it fun for the children so that they want to learn more. The after school assistant is GREAT as well. I appreciate the caring environment at JPA, keep up the good work.

Posted June 07, 2008
The school leader is very caring and knows each and every student and their parents. He was vey concerned and took an active interest in the progession of every student. My childs kindergarden teach was always finding new methods to engage the children. Good job by them both.

Posted April 29, 2008

Posted August 07, 2007

Posted March 04, 2004

Joy Preparatory Academy
1129 Oakman Blvd, Detroit, MI  48238
Last modified Joy Preparatory Academy is a Charter school
Joy Preparatory Academy Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.