2e394191ef18c1b98e9da38f4e26b0446b0231b4-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Most Holy Trinity School 5282185 5

Posted February 17, 2014
Most Holy Trinity School is an amazing haven of educational excellence! My child absolutely loves his school and never wants come home! When I read the entry about the teachers of MHT I was quite saddened and disappointed. My son is still in the primary department of MHT and has been there since pre- school! I spoke with the Principal who always avails herself to parents and extended family. As always she took time to explain their policy- and the accusations about non/ certified teachers is simply not so. Please do your home work before whaling ridiculous immature rumors. My thoughts/- how dare you defame such a marvelous school? A 176 years old-- hello they know what they are doing! Which is bestowing greatness to our youth!

Most Holy Trinity School 5332012 5

Posted February 04, 2014
I find such angry entires so perplexing. Every single teacher at MHT is such an amazing spirit. The famed quote"it takes a village rings true for this school. Every student has the thought and concern of every teacher. I have never encountered such a cohesive group of teachers and for that matter,staff. I felt compelled to go to the Principal to inquire about certification. Every Teacher must be certified at time of hire, which is the case. Certification can have a 2 year extension do to hardship. So please I welcome all -to investigate before you insinuate.

Most Holy Trinity School 5422830 3

Posted January 24, 2014
How can an accredited school, under the direction of the Archdiocese of Detroit, have a teacher - a primary grade teacher without a valid teaching certificate??? There is one teacher at this school who has been teaching without possessing a current State of Michigan teaching certificate. I searched the MDE's website and was disgusted to find out that one teacher is NOT certified! How can a school with such high standards allow this to happen? It is very disheartening. There is no way I would allow my children to be taught by an uncertified teacher! How can I be sure that my child is receiving the best possible education if the teacher in charge of his/her academic success isn't a current certified teacher!?!?!? This teacher needs to go!

Most Holy Trinity School 4549871 4

Posted January 03, 2014
My children ranging from grades 2-7 have been students at several Eastside schools: Winans Academy, Detroit Merit, St. Clair (GPP), and Most Holy Trinity. I am happy with this school. The environment is safe and the academics are challenging. I love the constant contact with fast direct I receive notifications right to my cell. I can access grades (which are consistently updated) with just a few clicks. We have been welcomed with open arms. I can take concerns directly to teachers, principal, or PTA and I receive prompt response. I have not experienced that with any of the above mentioned schools. The teaching staff and principal are there to support the students and parents. The diversity is wonderful and all of the kids seem to get along well with another. My children say this is the best school they've attended and have been able to adjust quite well as compared to other schools. My 2nd grader has had some struggles that I didn't find their last school appropriately addressed or even recognized; thankfully this is being addressed here and it's not being made out to be his fault. The only thing this school is missing out on is a full gym for the developing athletic program.

Most Holy Trinity School 5089244 1

Posted November 01, 2013
This schools leadership is lacking in every way possible from the top down. My son was a special needs student and the principle failed to put his IEP evaluation in place for six months and then thanked me for reminding her all the while his teacher was lying to us saying he was getting the services. The principle along with the Archdiocese were nasty pointing the finger at each other. Lack of compassion from teachers, I can go on and on. DO NOT PUT YOUR CHILDREN IN THIS SCHOOL!

Most Holy Trinity School 4979035 1

Posted October 09, 2013
This school current administration is going off all of the hard work from the previous Principle's hard work. There is lots of belittling and nastiness, especially from that front office. And the only reason why the school has new computers this year is because they were donated. There is and was no money in the budget for this, so don't give credit where no credit is due. And as for the recent positive reviews, how nice you had a great experience, but the majority of posters didn't, or aren't. There are a lot of disgruntled parents at the school because of the lack of transparency, and the employment, of at least one very unqualified and questionable teacher.

Most Holy Trinity School 5282183 5

Posted September 08, 2013
An Incredible school!! Amazing principal, teachers and staff! Our nephew has attended MHT since pre-k he is now in third grade! Bar- none the best kept secret in Detroit.

Most Holy Trinity School 5281979 4

Posted September 07, 2013
It's a great school in Southwest Detroit. Also one of the oldest Catholic schools in Southeast Michigan. All for my children go there and we love to dedicated staff, loving teachers and diversity of the children. The principal has made it her mission to provide technology for all classrooms, Spanish for the students to learn and extracurricular activities for students after school like soccer and baseball. You must check out the school for yourself! I know there are a few bad reviews and I'm sorry for the negative experience, but I wouldn't send my children anywhere else. The small classroom sizes are an added bonus!

Most Holy Trinity School 5137965 4

Posted May 19, 2013
While the new principal leaves a lot to be desired, my child has attended this school for four years and I've mostly been happy with it. The teachers are very caring, class sizes are small, and there is a new PTO working hard to make the school a better experience for everyone.

Most Holy Trinity School 3927397 1

Posted October 08, 2012
Worst school ever! Dont send your children here. Brand new principle is atrocious, and second grade teacher is a nightmare!

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Most Holy Trinity School
1229 Labrosse St, Detroit, MI  48226
Most Holy Trinity School Rating: 3 out of 5 based on 12 reviews.