Posted October 04, 2006
My daughter has attended this school for 3 years and I'm currently looking for another school. There has been too many cuts for the students and tuition is till going up. The teachers are great but the principal has too much on her plate and cannot deal with everything efficiently.

Posted August 24, 2006
In past years I would have given East Catholic Elementary (formerly St. Jude) high ratings. However, there have been changes in administration that are not pleasing to me. There was a merge between Eastside Vicariate, St. Juliana, and St. Jude which resulted in the 'new' school, East Catholic Elementary. There was a time when I felt safe having my children there, that is no longer true. There are some excellent teachers at the school, however, there are no accelerated courses offered. Administration, in my opinion, has lost control of the students. They are unruly and the school as a whole is an embarrassment. My children have attended this school for nine years and they will not be going back.

East Catholic Elementary School 3

Posted August 03, 2006
The teachers are good, but some of the children and out of control. The principal does not address the problems in the school, my son had a hard time there, but he learned a great deal. I had to stay on the principal.

Posted July 12, 2006

East Catholic Elementary School 1

Posted July 07, 2006
Enrolling my child in this school was a huge mistake. The kids are totally out of control. The students in my daughter's 7th grade class constantly called the teacher names and used profanity. The teacher overloaded the kids with work they couldn't possibly complete in an effort to keep control. My family was relocating back to Michigan and had to make a quick decision on schools and she only attended for 4 months. The principle is very unprofessional and doesn't address parental complaints. My daughter constantly had money and other things stolen. It was overall a horrific experience and to be a catholic school it was worse than any school I've ever dealt with.

East Catholic Elementary School
15865 E 7 Mile Rd, Detroit, MI  48205
Last modified East Catholic Elementary School is a Private school that serves grades 1-8
East Catholic Elementary School Rating: 2 out of 5 based on 5 reviews. Top