Detroit, MI

Posted December 07, 2014
This school is preparing my son for college on so many levels. My son had always attended DPS however we wanted better for him. Putting him in UofD has allowed us to see how behind he had been from public schools. The school staff works with my son during lunch as well as after school and he is holding a 3.5 gpa. I must say that I am extremely proud to say that my son attends UofD and I definitely recommend other parents to send their sons as well.

Posted August 24, 2014
I traveled around the country with my son as he reviewed schools preparing to enter college. I heard first hand the opinions of counselors about the fact that he attended U of D Jesuit. One counselor from a large university told me "If he graduated from U of D High, he was automatically admitted to their school", because their policy makers thought so highly of the institution. ( Note: High schools are rated along with the student in the admissions process) This school was not a Catholic University nor was it located in Michigan. We were repeatedly told as we talked to other admissions personnel, how highly regarded the school is in the academic world....what more could you want for your children? My son and his friends had a great social life, and more importantly, fantastic contacts that have repeatedly shared helpful networking information . I am proud to say that he developed integrity and a work ethic that I admire. I am positive a lot of that came from the time spent at this school. I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND U OF D JESUIT HIGH SCHOOL TO ANY PARENT. It is an investment in time and money, but your children are worth it!!!

Posted January 14, 2014
U of D Jesuit is the best school ever! A great curriculum, good friends, and more! You can't beat it!

Posted July 28, 2013
I am currently a student at University of Detroit Jesuit High School. My Dad, Grandfather, and Great-Uncle are all alumni from here. I come from far away just to come here because the school is so good. Everyone at our school comes from everywhere in Metro-Detroit and Detroit. They come from all over because the school is so good. It is very challenging. We always get more than 2 hours a night. If someone needs help with their homework, then they can always ask a teacher for help, and the teacher will help them. Once I was out sick for a whole week. I needed to catch up on everything quickly, so I went to my teachers after school. I asked them for help catching up on my homework, and they were more than willing to help me. It is a very challenging school. You will always find help there if you need it, but if someone does not want to be there and is not willing to work, then they are usually gone by then end of the year. The teachers explain the material in a way that is easy for us to understand. It is easy to understand, but the teachers want us to know it. That is where it gets challenging, in a good way. In short, U of D has great teachers and is academically challenging.

Posted May 09, 2013
U of D Jesuit is an outstanding institution for young men. It is intellectually stimulating, socially conducive with a diverse student body and staff. I enjoyed my time at U of D and it allowed me to be successfully prepared for collegiate work as well as medical school. For those who are contemplating sending your son to U of D, do it, do not hesitate, it will be well worth your money and time.

Posted April 23, 2013
U of D is considered by many on of the best academic schools in the state of Michigan and the school does not disappoint. The teachers care about the students and want to see them succeed by meeting with them after school and even are in charge of many of the clubs. The environment at U of D is friendly and by the end of high school all students will feel a part of the high school. Don't expect to skate through school here or you will end up swallowed up from the difficulty of the courses. There is help given to students that want to improve their grades but for unmotivated students this school will prove a challenge.

University Of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy 1

Posted March 03, 2013
Did not prepare me for college. My math teachers all quit after i took their course. Translated to me relearning those concepts in college while public school kids excelled. My science courses were elementary at best. Is it a coincidence that i knew nothing about evolution after graduating u of d? (genetics is where biology is nowadays, guys). And the atmosphere is competitive, unfriendly, and pompous. Could use a few girls, don't you think? What an archaic tradition. And i wasted SO much time in those useless religion courses/ceremonies. Can i get my money back?

University Of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy 2

Posted October 15, 2012
Terrible. You can't have a social life here... its just work work work ... but, it does prepare you for college

Posted August 15, 2011
U of D Jesuit High School is a fine institution and has been very challenging and rewarding for our Son who is beginning his Sophomore year. Our Son went to a Catholic School from pre-K to 8th Grade and the all boys environment at U of D has been a very good experience to this point. The teachers challenge these students everyday and the focus is on education and not athletics. This is a TRUE college prepatory environment and would encourage anyone with interest in sending their Son to U of D is to take a tour at the Open House which takes place in the Fall. U fo D is producing the next leaders for all walks of lfe.

Posted March 07, 2011
The quality of education my son receives from U or D is outstanding. The harder he works, the more he is challenged.\ Excellent performance is rewarded; as it should be!

University Of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy
8400 South Cambridge Avenue, Detroit, MI  48221
Last modified University Of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy is a Private school that serves grades 7-12
University Of Detroit Jesuit High School & Academy Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 75 reviews. Top