Holy Redeemer Grade School 1

Posted November 09, 2006

Posted May 30, 2006
- a former student
I just have one thing to say and it would be that even though I left Redeemer in 2001 because I had to move to another state, it was ultimately the best school that I had ever attended. I was a sophomore when I left. The teachers were great with the students, Father Joe Redican was a sweetheart with all of us (Class of 2003), and the material was that of a higher level. I was on the cheerleading squad and homecoming and those were the best high school memories that I could ever ask for and it's all thanks to Holy Redeemer. I experienced many things there and till this day I still say it's the best high school. Just to remember being there and not being there now saddens me. I don't know how it is now but I don't think it could have changed that much!

Posted March 19, 2005
This has been one of the best school years in Holy Redeemer history. We have our first drama class up and running. All of the members of our chorus class who participated in solo and ensemble won medals. Our athletic teams couldn't possibly be better. The student/teacher ratio is very low. The quality of academic programs is extremely high. Currently, four advanced placement (AP) classes are offered. Classes have several difficulty levels to better suit students. A new engineering lab has been paid for by Ford Motor Company. The biology lab is in excellent shape. A year of fine arts is required. Many classes are career-oriented such as engineering, business, and psychology. Teachers are very close to students, and they offer encouragement and motivation to learn. The student body is close-knitted, like a family.

Posted March 19, 2005
- a former student
Holy Redeemer is a good school. The faculty and staff are caring and are always there to help students. Holy Redeemer has a strong academic program. They offer AP courses in English, Government, and Biology. The courses are taught by teachers who are enthusiastic about the courses they teach and are well-versed in their subjects. For example, the Spanish classes are taught by a native speaker. Morals and values are also taught at Holy Redeemer. Class sizes are small, which allows for one-on-one sessions with the teachers. The principal and president of Holy Redeemer know the names of each student by heart. (The principal and president of Holy Redeemer also teach classes.) Music, arts, and sports are available at Redeemer. Students involved in music, sports, and art at Holy Redeemer have won awards for their talents. 94% of students in the class of 2004 graduated. I enjoyed Holy Redeemer. www.holyredeemer.net

Holy Redeemer Grade School 2

Posted April 02, 2004
Holy Redeemer's High Schools quality has dropped to the bottom as of 2003! We are so disappointed with the quality of leadership and direction that is passed along to the students. The faculty leadership is poor. Worksheets & reports are misplaced and not graded on time. Which leads to a scheduled meeting, which they seldom attend. We had to have our child download all their work to prove it was turned in. Principal leadership is poor. Shows favoritism toward top students. Poor students are pushed back to help the best excell. The school requires a second language be taken and the only one offered is spanish. The school is 70% Hispanic. Not fair! To Black & White students! Seniors are required to do community service for goverment. Only options Democrat Party help. Republicans need not apply to this school! Our child did graduate! Parents class of 78 child class 2003!

Posted March 06, 2004

Posted August 26, 2003

Posted August 26, 2003

Holy Redeemer Grade School
1711 Junction Street, Detroit, MI  48209
Last modified Holy Redeemer Grade School is a Private school that serves grades K-8
Holy Redeemer Grade School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 8 reviews.