PK-8|Private

Bad
Good

DWS is a community and a family. Every single person that works there is committed to the well being of the students. We love the building, the curriculum, the families, the staff and the focus on educating the whole child.

Every child should have the opportunity to attend the Detroit Waldorf School and every parent should have the opportunity to learn from the superb faculty and staff at this fine institution. It is, hands down, the best environment to nurture a child and prepare them for a happy, healthy and productive life. My daughter attended a Waldorf pre-school program and then all eight grades at DWS. She learned to work well with others while being encouraged to develop her own unique talents and gifts. Today she is a thriving adult and we both credit her success in life to the foundation she received at the Detroit Waldorf School.

Enrolling my child in Detroit Waldorf School was a great move! From the moment I took the tour it felt like home. The staff are very knowledgeable, proficient and helpful. I love the school structure. I like concept of focusing on the child as a whole and not just academics. My child is actually being challenged. My child is no longer bored in the classroom. I like the notion of "free thinking". My child thinks outside the box and it good to know that she's in great company.

The curriculum offered at DWS is spot on, it appropriately meets children at their developmental stages of growth. Teachers see the each child for the gifts they offer and where each child may individually struggle with a subject area, the children are lifted up to improve their area of struggle rather than treated as deficient for their challenges. These are the values that drew me to the school and are reaffirmed every day. I have seen tremendous growth in my own daughter as a result of the commitment to these values and am happy there is a curriculum offered in this city that drowns out metrics for a successful school and focuses on what will make each individual child successful in their education and their future.

DWS honors childhood while simultaneously preparing our children to think critically, broadly and mindfully about our world and their place in it. Our experience with every teacher, staff member and administrator has left us feeling positive and energized about the experience our children are receiving through their DWS experience.

Teachers at Detroit Waldorf are committed to each and every student. Each child is treated as an individual with unique characteristics to be nurtured to allow the child to learn and grow to his highest potential. The curriculum is not based on tests and multiple choice, but rather on developing skills and talents. My son is thriving as a student at DWS.

I owe most everything in my life to my Waldorf Education. There is no better place to learn, grow and become who you are meant to be than at the Detroit Waldorf School. It is because of the education that I received there that I was able to achieve in higher education, up to the Graduate School Level. I am grateful everyday that my parent's choose Detroit Waldorf.

Don't let standardized test determine your child's future. If you're looking for a school that will nurture your child's developmental, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth, then look no further! Detroit Waldorf will ignite your child's initiate love of learning through play, music, a rich curriculum, hand crafts and the arts while simultaneously instilling hard work, persistence, compassion, respect for others and themselves.

We searched for a school, actually our oldest was enrolled at 4 different schools when we had to make our decision. We drive past many other school on our morning commute to Detroit Waldorf, but it is worth it. The teachers are amazing. They are caring and warm, treating every child as family. My kids are happy and excited to go to school. They are making great friends and are genuinely enthusiastic about learning. We are so happy there.

My son attended this school for9 years. Overall the school is great. A lot of exposure to the arts and performance. Small class sizes and a lot of individual attention. I believe the k-5 part of the school is phenomenal. However, the middle school needs certified teachers in content areas. The students also need more assessments and standardized testing to better prepare them for high school. My son left Waldorf educated, caring, respectful with a love and respect for nature.

Last modified Detroit Waldorf School is a Private school that serves grades PK-8