8330d9109128f11d935437c370661416303a5b04-130

Help this school win $5,000
by posting a review

Detroit Waldorf School 5517233 5

Posted April 11, 2014
I owe most everything in my life to my Waldorf Education. There is no better place to learn, grow and become who you are meant to be than at the Detroit Waldorf School. It is because of the education that I received there that I was able to achieve in higher education, up to the Graduate School Level. I am grateful everyday that my parent's choose Detroit Waldorf.

Detroit Waldorf School 5517581 5

Posted April 11, 2014
Don't let standardized test determine your child's future. If you're looking for a school that will nurture your child's developmental, emotional, physical, and spiritual growth, then look no further! Detroit Waldorf will ignite your child's initiate love of learning through play, music, a rich curriculum, hand crafts and the arts while simultaneously instilling hard work, persistence, compassion, respect for others and themselves.

Detroit Waldorf School 5517993 5

Posted April 11, 2014
We searched for a school, actually our oldest was enrolled at 4 different schools when we had to make our decision. We drive past many other school on our morning commute to Detroit Waldorf, but it is worth it. The teachers are amazing. They are caring and warm, treating every child as family. My kids are happy and excited to go to school. They are making great friends and are genuinely enthusiastic about learning. We are so happy there.

Detroit Waldorf School 3639598 5

Posted September 01, 2013
My son attended this school for9 years. Overall the school is great. A lot of exposure to the arts and performance. Small class sizes and a lot of individual attention. I believe the k-5 part of the school is phenomenal. However, the middle school needs certified teachers in content areas. The students also need more assessments and standardized testing to better prepare them for high school. My son left Waldorf educated, caring, respectful with a love and respect for nature.

Detroit Waldorf School 4461134 5

Posted October 12, 2012
My son was attending Kindergarten elsewhere when I attended the orientation at DWS. I looked into Waldorf, as well as various public, private, and charter schools in hopes of finding a school that better fit the needs of my child. I recall the sense of relief I felt when I attended the DWS orientation / tour and learned more about the Waldorf philosophy; and my amazement when I saw the impressive work produced by the students. I was in awe when DWS requested to assess my son for a week before deciding which grade to place him in. I had finally found a school that wanted to know who my child was and what he was capable of before placing expectations on him. I cannot imagine a better educational model than the one we have found at DWS, which takes my child's intellectual, emotional, and physical needs and abilities into consideration, and provides the freedom and structure necessary for him to thrive. I could never express in words how much I value the peace of mind that comes from the confidence I have in the education my son receives at Detroit Waldorf School.

Detroit Waldorf School 4384332 5

Posted November 14, 2010
We have two children in the lower grades at DWS and cannot imagine sending them anywhere else. We love the diversity, the strong sense of community, small class sizes, challenging curriculum -- and the fact that Waldorf teaches kids how to THINK and CREATE. The tuition is in line with other independent, private schools. Also, be advised that the rating for "principal leadership" isn't really applicable to a Waldorf school, as it it guided by a team of faculty and administrators.

Detroit Waldorf School 4349961 0

Posted October 12, 2010
We love the community, the commitment to each individual within the community, and how each child is valued for the unique qualities and contributions. A wonderful education.

Detroit Waldorf School 4077193 2

Posted March 06, 2010
As for extracurrricular activites, as a parent I feel the neccesary tools and subjects are not emphasize enough on preparing the children towards higher education (high school), such as Math, Reading, Science and American History instead of so much Mid- Evil History. Too much emphasis foucus on Nature.

Detroit Waldorf School 3412782 5

Posted January 15, 2009
A true sense of community; a top education.

Detroit Waldorf School 2995331 0

Posted May 03, 2008
I can honestly say you can not find a better education. The Waldorf education is unique, hands on and works not only with the child but the entire family. If you are going to go private Waldorf is your answer. The teachers are fantastic and truly love children, their job and fit. Waldorf is your choice for an excellect education.

GreatSchools, Inc. 1999 Harrison Street, Suite 1100, Oakland, CA 94612

©1998-2014 GreatSchools Inc. All Rights Reserved. GreatSchools is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization | Ad Choices

Detroit Waldorf School
2555 Burns Ave, Detroit, MI  48214
Detroit Waldorf School Rating: 5 out of 5 based on 19 reviews.