Detroit, MI

Posted April 07, 2009
I have three children at this school who are absolutely thriving. The teachers at Urban are some of the most dedicated people I have ever met. You can clearly see that they truly care for the children and want them to succeed. My husband is an alumni and we wouldnt have are kids anywhere else.

Posted January 08, 2009
My daughter attended DUL Kindergarten -1st grades and I love all the staff they re great. DUL is a wonderful school that embraces It takes a village to raise a child . If I was still located on the Westside my daughter would still be a student but a 40 minute drive is a little much to do to get to school. This is an A-1 school.

Posted February 28, 2008
Detroit Urban is a small, Christian, college-preparatory, kindergarten through twelfth grade family. Hands down, the best school anywhere!!

Posted January 13, 2008
I am a parent who happens to be looking for a school for my two children; so My husband and I decided to take a tour of the school, it is not clean at all, and the student lockers look a mess. I will investigate more before I make my final decision.First impression are very important. The money you pay, where is it going?

Posted December 07, 2006
If you are looking for an excellent school, Detroit Urban, is where you should start. The teachers here, really are caring and involved with the students, many of which are like parents to the kids. My two sons have attended from kindergarten to 7th and 8th as well as their step brother and sister (graduated ) also attended Urban, nothing but good things to say about this school. Though small in stature, it is large at heart, that best descibes D.U.L.S.

Posted November 29, 2006
I am a DULS alum and I feel that this is a great school, I have even recommended other kids to the school. Also Mr Dave Siefker is one of the greatest principals in the world. Keep up the good work.

Detroit Urban Lutheran School 2

Posted November 24, 2006
I have thee children who attend DUL for four yeas. I had to take them out due to the uncleaniness of the schools. All of my complaints went unanswered. I just could not take it any longer. Therefore I removed my children from the school.

Detroit Urban Lutheran School 3

Posted July 20, 2006
My child has been a student at Detroit Urban for 5 years. This last year I was soo disappointed with the environment, the principal , and the teachers. The morale amongst the teachers is very low and they show it by complaining to the students. The principal had a non-caring attitude when my child's class waited until late October to receive Math books. Discipline is at an all time low. The students are punished for just a few others actions as if administration is afraid to say anything for fear of losing students and money. I have decided to send my child to another school where my tuition works better for my child.

Posted March 10, 2006
I have a 5th grader and in the fall another daughter will attend Detroit Urban. My child is excelling at this school. I can't say enough about the dedication of these teachers and the staff. You really feel they care about every child and want them all to succeed. My husband was a former student and many other alumni send their children there as well. In my daughter's own words 'I love my school'.

Posted January 20, 2006
I have 2 children at DUL (a 3rd grader and a 6th grader), and I am so pleased with this school. At first it was an adjustment for all of us, but once my children got comfortable- they immediately began to thrive. My kids have made the honor roll, and they continue to learn new things. The emphasis on religion is very important to me and my husband, and this school does an excellent job of making worship and praise an integral part of each school day. I am very pleased so far, and my complaints are minimal (if any). The teaching staff is professional and approachable, and you can tell that they love what they do. Try DUL out- you won't be sorry. And as far as the tuition- it is money well spent!!

8181 Greenfield Rd, Detroit, MI  48228
Last modified Detroit Urban Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-12
Detroit Urban Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 19 reviews. Top