Bethany Lutheran School 5

Posted October 07, 2008
Bethany is an awesome school. My son is in the 6th grade and loves going to school. The teachers are great!!!

Bethany Lutheran School 5

Posted July 03, 2008

Bethany Lutheran School 3

Posted March 11, 2008

Bethany Lutheran School 4

Posted January 06, 2008
I am a Detroit Public School teacher and I have tuaght for 21 years in that system. I have removed my son and placed him at Bethany. Under the leadership of Gerald Heuer(new principal) I see theschool as a fine example of a Christian education. They have special education resources, speach therapist and a qualified social worker. I have met with the staff and am very satisfied. The resources they have available are far above the Detroit system and many of the other charter and private schools that we looked into when selecting an educational setting for our son who has special needs.I do wish more parents would become involved and attend church and bemore involved in the school setting, but I've seen that number decrease in our public school as well.I am satisfied with the school, the staff and the entire experience with Bethany.

Bethany Lutheran School 4

Posted January 02, 2008
The classes are small, but it give the teacher time to work with the students one-on-one.

Bethany Lutheran School 2

Posted November 10, 2004
Bethany Lutheran is not as great a school as it used to be. I had to take my daughters out. I wouldn't send my child back to that school. It has changed so much over the years. I believe that if the school wasn't so poor, they'd be able to afford the things that the kids want and need. When I first enrolled my oldest daughter, she was in preschool and by the time she was in 7th grade, tution had gotten so high, I couldn't pay for her education and pay my mortgage at the same time! Other parents complained also. It got to the point when I had to take both of my daughters out and send them to schools closer to us. They're education was better than Bethany's and free. Bethany had it's good days, not

Bethany Lutheran School 2

Posted August 01, 2004
My daughter has attended Bethany since she was in preschool. When I first enrolled her in the school, I felt really safe about leaving her in the care of the preschool teachers and was greatly impressed by how the teachers worked with the students. Since then, however, Bethany has changed principals and cut various programs. They no longer offer the computer program that they tell you your child will have once enrolled. They no longer have a music teacher because they say they cannot afford to hire one. As for gym, my child's teacher took the class to gym once or twice a week to do the hokey pokey, that is not phys ed! At $330.00 per month, I feel that my child is entitled to more than reading and math! They did not even participate in the science fair! Bethany Lutheran school has robbed us.

Bethany Lutheran School
11475 E Outer Dr, Detroit, MI  48224
Last modified Bethany Lutheran School is a Private school that serves grades PK-4, 6-8
Bethany Lutheran School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.