9-12|Private

Bad
Good

Loyola allows the young men to succeed. Regardless of any obstacles they may have experienced. Loyola staff and administration really care for the students and treat them more like family than like students. It was a toss up between sending our son to Loyola or Brother Rice and because of the location, size and the warmth given at Loyola I think we chose the right school.

This school prepared my child for life and the instructors truly care about the students. It is more so a family oriented environment than a school. Dont get me wrong, they do instruct the children but they learn much more from Loyola than academics. They learn how to treat others, humility, patience and brotherhood. I am thoroughly impressed. Dont let the surroundings deter you. Truly a diamond in the rough and whats better, they offer scholarships.

This is directed to the JV Football team and their coaches. I'm the grandmother of a JV football player (Anthony Tholl #54 - Linebacker), and when our team, Lapeer Lightning didn't have a team to play Thursday evening, Sept. 4 because the Flint team canceled the day before, Loyola agreed to come and play us. I want to commend the Loyola JV team and their coaches for playing a hard fought but highly respectable game (we won 14-8) and in the closing minutes Loyola played a great game trying to pull it out. The Loyola JV team played with integrity and extremely good sportsmanship. When one of our players was tackled, they would help him up or pat him on the top of the helmet when they got up on their own, waiting to make sure they were okay. When one of our players was down and injured, the Loyola JV team knelt down on one knee in a group until the player was removed from the field. Our grandson came off the field, saying it was probably one of the toughest, if not the toughest, game he'd ever played and commented on what a good team they are and how well they treated their opponents. Rosie Tholl Lapeer, MI

I'm a Loyola Alum and I feel that Loyola did an excellent job for preparing me for LIFE, I could of went anywhere to only be prepared for college but Loyola showed me how to become a man and a good student, needless to say I'm now a proud college grad and success in my career field. It all began at Loyola.

My son has been at Loyola since 9th grade and he is doing well. The teachers and staff know each student by name and take an interest in the 'whole child'. My son is on the football team and he enjoys being in a place where he's not lost in a big school.

I believed Loyola has given my son an opportunity to improve in all aspects of his academical endeavors. Loyola is trully a men for others school. In the beginning, it was difficult to convince my son that an all male school would be beneficial to him but as the 2 years have went by, he has noticed that it was more to his advantage. The classes are small and more personalized. The administration knows every student, their good and bad times. It's a few things lacking in the school but with the parent and administration relationship things will change for the better. Thanks to the staff, and the young men.

This is my son's freshmen year at Loyola High School. I am so glad he was accepted at Loyola. He has improved tremendously and has a new outlook on receiving an education. The wonderful staff at Loyola genuinely care about their students unlike most teachers in public schools. I highly recommend an all boys private high school sector for any black male that resides in urban Detroit. All high schools have fights and conflict (which is the norm) however, it is ceased to a minimum at this school. I think it is absolutely amazing that ninth and tenth grade students schedules are extended (this is the most critical age when we lose most students). I am truly pleased with this school and thank them wholeheartedly for showing my son education is a wonderful blessing that should be embraced to become successful in life.

I brought my son to Loyola when he had struggled for so long in other schools and people did not seem to believe he could achieve. He did that and then some at Loyola. I am so grateful for all the opportunities he was given. He is now succeeding in college.

Last modified Loyola High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.