Loyola High School 5

Posted December 17, 2008
I'm a Loyola Alum and I feel that Loyola did an excellent job for preparing me for LIFE, I could of went anywhere to only be prepared for college but Loyola showed me how to become a man and a good student, needless to say I'm now a proud college grad and success in my career field. It all began at Loyola.

Loyola High School 3

Posted July 24, 2008
My son has been at Loyola since 9th grade and he is doing well. The teachers and staff know each student by name and take an interest in the 'whole child'. My son is on the football team and he enjoys being in a place where he's not lost in a big school.

Posted April 29, 2008
I believed Loyola has given my son an opportunity to improve in all aspects of his academical endeavors. Loyola is trully a men for others school. In the beginning, it was difficult to convince my son that an all male school would be beneficial to him but as the 2 years have went by, he has noticed that it was more to his advantage. The classes are small and more personalized. The administration knows every student, their good and bad times. It's a few things lacking in the school but with the parent and administration relationship things will change for the better. Thanks to the staff, and the young men.

Posted October 03, 2006
This is my son's freshmen year at Loyola High School. I am so glad he was accepted at Loyola. He has improved tremendously and has a new outlook on receiving an education. The wonderful staff at Loyola genuinely care about their students unlike most teachers in public schools. I highly recommend an all boys private high school sector for any black male that resides in urban Detroit. All high schools have fights and conflict (which is the norm) however, it is ceased to a minimum at this school. I think it is absolutely amazing that ninth and tenth grade students schedules are extended (this is the most critical age when we lose most students). I am truly pleased with this school and thank them wholeheartedly for showing my son education is a wonderful blessing that should be embraced to become successful in life.

Posted September 30, 2006
I brought my son to Loyola when he had struggled for so long in other schools and people did not seem to believe he could achieve. He did that and then some at Loyola. I am so grateful for all the opportunities he was given. He is now succeeding in college.

Posted April 22, 2006
My son started his freshman year here. In my opinion he has obtained a quality education in the 2 years that he has attended. Leaving DPS and attending an all male facility, he had to make a major adjustment. Although I do not agree with some of the things that goes on in the school with the fairness of some students,hours of school day for the first 2 years,the location.There are lots of activites that the students are involved in and they have a great support staff at the school. The teachers are easy to talk to and this is the first time that I have been in a school where the staff knows all the students by name. Yes, you do have your fights and the normal things that goes on in high schools, but they try to keep them under control.

Loyola High School 2

Posted February 23, 2006

Loyola High School
15325 Pinehurst Street, Detroit, MI  48238
Last modified Loyola High School is a Private school that serves grades 9-12. It has received a GreatSchools rating of 2 out of 10 based on academic quality.
Loyola High School Rating: 4 out of 5 based on 7 reviews.